No announcement yet.

patching mill table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry gnm109 - I did read your post but I was commenting on the earlier suggestion to use either bondo or two part epoxy. It just seems like this topic comes up a lot and the generally accepted solution is JB Weld. Didn't mean to steal your thunder

Comment

JB weld sounds like a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack
        Sorry gnm109 - I did read your post but I was commenting on the earlier suggestion to use either bondo or two part epoxy. It just seems like this topic comes up a lot and the generally accepted solution is JB Weld. Didn't mean to steal your thunder
        I was just kidding you. LOL. I use J.B. Weld for lots of things nowadays. It sure beats welding cast iron.

Comment

Patch

Originally posted by gnm109
          Right....."nobody" mentioned it. LOL.
          When I was working in a machine shop when we made a boo boo on a cast iron part we patched it with a compound made by Devcon. We called it by that name and we filled in many holes with it. It was same color and it was made for patching cast iron. That was 10yrs ago so I don't know what that company has out now. It sort of looked like JBweld compound a gray color.
          Boot

Comment

gnm109, do you sometimes feel like maybe you're a long-lost brother of Rodney Dangerfield?

I know that feeling ...it's disheartening isn't it?
            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl
              gnm109, do you sometimes feel like maybe you're a long-lost brother of Rodney Dangerfield?

I know that feeling ...it's disheartening isn't it?

Sure do. I get no respect! But If you want to really know what I'm like, rent a copy of "Natural Born Killers" and watch Rodney's performance.....LOL.

Comment

Let's hear it for gnm109 and JB Weld. Hip, hip, hurray!

I think JB Weld is a great solution.

Comment

Thanks to all for the help!! I would like to do the endmill steel repai but fear I will screw things up more than they already are. I think I will go with the JB weld and keep the steel repair for later. I appreciate the great help. Fred

Comment

Originally posted by saltmine
                    Welding on a mill table would introduce stress and warpage....
                    Not if JB did it
                    Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                    Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                    Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Working...
                    X