Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Liger Zero Is Going To Hell (Free Sample Gloat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Liger Zero Is Going To Hell (Free Sample Gloat)

Occasionally a molding process needs a bit of "magic" from a spray can. Buildup occurs from gas and "plate-out" of additives... Parts need some liquid motivation to eject properly and you need to coat the tool with a liquid rust-stopper at the end of the day.

This stuff is expensive, and I use quite a bit of it... especially the release agents and cleaning sprays.

Rather than spend money I spent the day goggling suppliers and asking for free samples... I now have 40 cans of release spray and 25 kinds of cleaner and 9 types of rust-stopper on the way from over a dozen suppliers... all for free.

Muahahahahahah!!! I'm not done yet I have another dozen supplers to contact on Monday. If I play this right I should be able to totally fill my supply locker.

Gloat gloat gloat... I'm sure this will count against me when my time comes but hey at least I saved a few bucks along the way.
    This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
    Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
    Plastic Operators Dot Com

I see a emergency colonoscopy in your near future........
    Dave P.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P.
      I see a emergency colonoscopy in your near future........
      Dave P.
      Nonsense, I have a can of "Universal Release" from "Slide" arriving shortly. I'm sure I'll be fine until then.
      This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
      Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb

Comment

Well...that's perty slick..hehe...get it....Slick? I crack myself up....

Comment

Originally posted by Kenwc
          Well...that's perty slick..hehe...get it....Slick? I crack myself up....
          I laughed. Must be the fumes in here.

Comment

you are totally without shame. . . . .

(did i mention that i have a special band saw blade coming from starette ?)

i just love when these folks offer to give you a sample. . . maybe i should try the us treasury dept ? never know what kind of fool will answer the call.

Comment

Good and Bad Samples

The best free sample that I was ever given was a little assortment of Cratex rubber abrasives. Worked so good that I have spent a lot of money with them as a result.

Worst free sample was some release agent that didn't work. Cost me about $300 and a lot of aggrivation. I learned that Johnson's Wax works great for my needs.
              Byron Boucher
              Burnet, TX

Comment

The best free samples I ever got was when I was in high school, about grade 9. I went to visit the Fairchild Semiconductor plant in Mountain View and during the tour I asked the guide if he had any rejects I could have. "Justa minute" he said, "stay right here". He returned in a couple of minutes with two shoe boxes. One was full of transistors and the other was full of diodes. There was lots of everything they made, some with no markings, most with, but maybe bent leads or cut too short or slightly sloppy molding of the epoxy. Some didn't work or had too low gain but I ended up with about 5000 transistors and too many diodes to count. I gave about 2/3rds of them to the electronics class parts supplies which made the teacher very happy.

Back then a discrete transistor cost several 1960s dollars each.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

It is not too much of a gloat when anyone can get the same offer with some leg work.

Comment

LZ iz OK

L-Z seems to cope pretty well.

He not only doesn't seem to take himself or the world at large too seriously (if at all) but he can laugh and "take the pi$$" out of himself (and others as well in the process), makes the best of what he has and has a positive outlook.

He's not bad at all at seeing an opportunity and assessing risks and taking chances and coping with the inevitable losses either.

He takes his "knocks" very well and has his ego pretty well under control too.

He can have his rants, "lets off stream", takes a reality check and gets back to what ever needs to be done.

He seems to be blessed with his wife who knows how to deal with things and people and how to support him - and to keep him "on track".

Some others here could do worse than emulating him.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                      He seems to be blessed with his wife who knows how to deal with things and people and how to support him - and to keep him "on track".
                      She (Wife-Unit) lost a leg to cancer not that long ago. Around that time I started putting things together (my "network") with an eye twords starting a business.

Where it all came together was when Grandmother "advanced" me my inheritance. She owns a HUGE tract of prime land near Norwich Ct... Developers are tripping over themselves to get this land. She sold "my" piece and took me out of the will. Her thinking is she wants to see me make this happen, as I got my start working beside my grandfather (her husband) when I was eight.

This is NOT something I'm doing lightly, I take this very seriously. That said, I do have a warped outlook at times and I try to find the humor in any situation no matter how grave. It's how I roll.

Lastly, if you can't laugh at yourself you cannot laugh at other people. Looking at myself and my "problems" I have plenty to laugh about for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Liger Zero
                        Muahahahahahah!!! I'm not done yet I have another dozen supplers to contact on Monday. If I play this right I should be able to totally fill my supply locker.

Gloat gloat gloat... I'm sure this will count against me when my time comes but hey at least I saved a few bucks along the way.
                        I hope none of your "Would be Suppliers" are reading this thread

Comment

The Used Bridgeport god's are all ready punishing you and now you piss off the god of Lubricants?

There are stuck bolts,siezed hinges and locked up bearings in your future and I want no part of it!
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                            The Used Bridgeport god's are all ready punishing you and now you piss off the god of Lubricants?

There are stuck bolts,siezed hinges and locked up bearings in your future and I want no part of it!
                            I've been in sticky situations before, but somehow I squeak by.

Comment

Gloating

Originally Posted by Liger Zero

Originally posted by JoeFin
                              I hope none of your "Would be Suppliers" are reading this thread
                              Oh, I dunno.

L-Z has "set the scene" pretty well.

All he has to do is wangle their names into this thread and then email the link to it to his "would be suppliers" and then the bottles of samples might become boxes or crates - perhaps with a "kick-back" or a commission or bonus.

You never know 'til you have a go.

L-Z, being the entrepreneur that he seems to be, may well see and make the most of the opportunity - and some here might do well "riding on his coat-tails".

And then while everybody else is congratulating themselves ("gloating"??) as to how clever they are and how little they paid, L-Z, in his usual fashion, will have fallen on his feet instead of his ar$e and will be just a blur on the horizon - again.

Comment

Working...
                              X