Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT-1 week till FREE IMPROVEMENT SERVICE!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-1 week till FREE IMPROVEMENT SERVICE!!!!!

yes folks the free improvment service offered by the gifted and thoughtfull people of OKLAHOMA is only one week away. it called OFASTS and if you have never been to a Machine Gun Shoot, you are officially being welcomed to come on down and have the time of your life!!! look up their web site Oklahoma full auto.com and see the videos on u-tube, but trust me being their in person makes the videos look lame.and if you "own" a chinese machine "tool" and its needs some "improvement" well just bring it along also , we have invented a "improvement service" that will solve all your chinese "tool" problems, basically we just haul it out to the 200 yard line and after 2 days of "improvment" it wont ever give you a minutes trouble again i have shooting spot on the firing line all by myself ,so if anyone wants to bring your guns(black powder, shotgun, pistol ,sling shot, bow & arrow, Anything)and shoot off my spot you are welcome!!if you want to bring some gun or outdoor sporting goods and such and sell them it FREE to set up(fri or early sat)and you get in free.if you need more info contact me.oh and by the way the chinese word for improvement is SNAFU or is it FUBAR?
    FORD BEATING JAP CRAP SINCE 1941!! CAROLYN JONES(1930-1983 actress)may this lady never be forgotten.

Do you accept POS Bridgeports ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

"improving"

well yes but since a bridgeport can't be improved and since i never used or seen a pos bridgeport ,even though i have been around machine tools since 1978,it would be snuck off to my shop instead .
      Last edited by madokie; 06-20-2010, 08:41 PM.
      FORD BEATING JAP CRAP SINCE 1941!! CAROLYN JONES(1930-1983 actress)may this lady never be forgotten.

Comment

Can we be expecting some pictures of you in action on the firing line?

For folks closer to KY than OK, the fall machine gun shoot at Knob Creek is in October. As you said, videos don't do a MGS justice.

Comment

Before anyone goes to one of these shoots, you should read this:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6121915&page=1

Here's the title:

8-Yr-Old Boy Shoots Self at Gun Show
          Christopher Bizilj Was Testing a 9 mm Micro Uzi When He Shot and Killed Himself

As a combat veteran anyone who thinks this is a good thing to do, needs some serious counseling. A machine gun has one purpose, and one purpose only, to kill other humans. The only legitimate place for one is in the military and these "shoots" should not be legal.

I do hope this thread is quickly locked so others will not be tempted to participate in this activity.

Comment

I've been itching to build a .75 Black Powder Cannon

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFin
              I've been itching to build a .75 Black Powder Cannon
              That's a lot different than going off and shooting a machine gun. If that's what one wants to do, then go join the Marines.

The only reason these "shoots" are organized is to make money for the organizers. In other words, GREED.

Comment

Dr Stan, sounds like you got yer panties cinched up a little too tight. Machine guns are a lot of fun. Next time anyone is in Las Vegas, I reccomend a trip to The gun Store, where you can rent a machine gun.

The Gun Store

ME

Comment

This thread is dangerously close to going political! IBTL

BTW, If I could afford it I would have 5 or 6 machine guns!

Originally posted by Dr. Stan
                  The only reason these "shoots" are organized is to make money for the organizers. In other words, GREED.
                  Umm, no that's not the only reason they are organized. They bring like minded individuals together to share their hobby and show off their guns. Lighten up!!!
                  Last edited by 3jaw; 06-21-2010, 12:27 AM.
                  "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

Comment

It's a matter of responsibility.

Just as I wouldn't let my 8 year old shoot a machine gun I wouldn't let him run an industrial tool till I was confidant he knew the risks, alternatives and benefits and had adequate judgement and strength to do the task. The responsible monkey here is the one who put this tool in the hands of a child who had neither the strength nor judgement to handle it.
                    Last edited by 914Wilhelm; 06-21-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Dr Stan, it is indeed a very unfortunate incident that led to this boy's death. However it is the instructor at the gun show and the father, unfortunately, that showed lack of judgment and should be accountable for the boys death...not an inanimate object.

To say that one should not be allowed to have fun with certain tools is ludicrous to say the least.
                      Along this line of thinking one should only use a motor vehicle strictly for transportation...no smiling or going for a an enjoyable Sunday drive.
                      Don't forget our home shops, these tools are strictly for production or repair functions. We wouldn't want to see anybody actually having fun in their shop.
                      I know these examples may sound far-fetched, but then no more than what you suggest.
                      Unfortunately people die everyday enjoying themselves, good judgment is not always demonstrated by those engaged in activities requiring good judgment.
                      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

Originally posted by madokie
                        well yes but since a bridgeport can't be improved
                        You jest surely ?

Graduated fine feed for the quill ?
                        Head that stays in tram for longer then 8 nano seconds ?
                        Quill gearbox that's an improvement on the one made by Timex ?
                        Decent taper in the quill ?
                        And..........

OK forget it.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John,
                          Bridgeports are excellent, compared to my Elliott 00 The bastard!
                          for a "lack of fun experience," All i need do is fire the damned thing up, wish i could afford something more civilised, Where i do not need to give myself a hernia or get my nose caught in a revolving cutter going down almost to floor level to reach its damned control switches, Reconned its designers dreamed it up in the late 60/s, after ingesting some cannabis or had a considerable liquid lunch.!
                          "O for a bridgeport ,a bridgeport a bridgeport to take the pain away!"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards
                            Dr Stan, sounds like you got yer panties cinched up a little too tight. Machine guns are a lot of fun. Next time anyone is in Las Vegas, I reccomend a trip to The gun Store, where you can rent a machine gun.

The Gun Store

ME
                            Sounds like another Rambo want-a-be who has never served a day in the military.

This forum is suppose to be about machining and other manufacturing related topics. Playing Rambo has nothing to do with the forum and has no business here.

Has to having my "panties cinched up a little too tight" after you have experienced in your face combat, then you can comment. Until then, you have no right to do so.
                            Last edited by Dr Stan; 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy
                              Dr Stan, it is indeed a very unfortunate incident that led to this boy's death. However it is the instructor at the gun show and the father, unfortunately, that showed lack of judgment and should be accountable for the boys death...not an inanimate object.

To say that one should not be allowed to have fun with certain tools is ludicrous to say the least.
                              You are missing the entire point. A machine gun is a tool of war with the only purpose to kill other humans. If you had served you would know. Using a machine gun for "fun" shows a complete lack of judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X