We are very lucky here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are very lucky here.

On this site the range of abilities within the contributors is remarkable, we have qualified engineers and technicians in all fields with years of practical and administrative experience, we have self taught enthuiasts who simply want to make or restore items. The one thing we have in common is that we all enjoy our home workshops.Some of us play for pleasure, others work at home to make a living, many of us do a bit of both. Given this, there are bound to be many ways of looking at particular problems, and probably a number of " good" ways of solving them. When we see a beginner, in any field, making a genuine attempt lets give a kind hand and sensible advice, not criticism based on our " superior" knowledge and experience. I doubt any of us got where we are in our home shops without listening to advice from others and receiving a helping hand from some.Expecting a wet day, going to hide in the shop and assemble a railway engine, regards to all David Powell.

When we see a beginner, in any field, making a genuine attempt lets give a kind hand and sensible advice
    Without exception it always starts out this way David, unfortunately some abuse the branch.

Regards Ian.
    You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

This is a great site, the mix here is unparalleled and from around the globe...

There is no mistaking the wisdom of the seasoned veterans - but there is much to learn from the so called newbies,,, their strength lies in the fact that they look at things the only way they can --- like its a brand new situation, sometimes all you have to do is pay attention to what their saying - maybe throw in an old school trick and combined you come up with a better than ever way of doing things.

Even Albert E. made the statement "imagination is more important than knowledge"

Comment

deleted, too easily misunderstood.
        Last edited by Tony Ennis; 06-22-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Yea I love the totaly diffrent solutions we come up with here. Post a problem and you'll get 4 totaly diffrent ways of doing it, and nobody really argues over whose way is best, because they all have advantages/disadvantages and use diffrent tool sets. Any way that has potential problems we'll usally identify and come up with solutions, Even if impratical we'll find a solution insted of insulting the idea, as it just becomes another fun problem to solve.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer

Even Albert E. made the statement "imagination is more important than knowledge"
            Well bless me, imagine that ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I am young yet at 31, besides all the great advise, ideas, and problem solvers here one thing I really like is no childish bickering, name calling, and smack talk like I am used to seeing on other forums. I frequent car forums some of which are full of 16-20 year olds and the stupid talk just annoying.
              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vpt
                I am young yet at 31, besides all the great advise, ideas, and problem solvers here one thing I really like is no childish bickering, name calling, and smack talk like I am used to seeing on other forums. I frequent car forums some of which are full of 16-20 year olds and the stupid talk just annoying.

Trouble maker.
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I really like is no childish bickering, name calling, and smack talk like I am used to seeing on other forums.
                  Are we talking about the same forum?

Comment

I really like is no childish bickering, name calling, and smack talk like I am used to seeing on other forums
                    Yea this is the picky old fart forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ennis

The bickering here is intelligent, I don't think I've seen "Yo" or a "sup" here yet.
                      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ennis

Tony beat me to it......

Comment

Originally posted by oldbikerdude37
                          Yea this is the picky old fart forum.
                          Speak for yourself creep!

Sorry about the trouble maker crack but wanted to toughen you up in case someone who doesn't really know you wanders in here and starts slinging labels around.
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt
                            The bickering here is intelligent, I don't think I've seen "Yo" or a "sup" here yet.
                            closest we get is 'nuff said
                            Last edited by Mcgyver; 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                              Sorry about the trouble maker crack but wanted to toughen you up in case someone who doesn't really know you wanders in here and starts slinging labels around.

Consider me toughened up.
                              Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X