Tool Gloat - from The CNC Workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Gloat - from The CNC Workshop

Attended the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop this past week. Good time, lots of info and friendly discussions with other attendees.

They had a drawing for door prizes at the end - items contributed by the vendors, present and not present but supportive of the effort.

I was fortunate, astonished and gratified to have my name drawn for a seat of Vectric Photo V Carve.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr.../pvc_index.htm

My thanks to George, Gretchen, the vendors, exhibitors, speakers and other attendees for making the CNC Workshop a success.

I have been accumulating the components to make a CNC mill, now I'll have to get hot on getting it running.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Nice, Be sure to engrave them a thank you card.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Weston,
      That my have been my doing.

I emailed Tony and told him to look out for some sad old git at the show and give him a freebie to cheer him up.

Didn't know he'd found you

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving recipient, watch out for the "Deere" guy looking over your shoulder.

Regards Ian.
        You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Have you gotten comfortable with the seat yet? Surely you have installed it by now and played with its interface in between your posts here.
          John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

No, not yet. Self control. It's easy enough to peek in here periodically between jobs, but I need an uninterrupted block of time to adequately understand the software. I'm getting the next article for DM, other projects, and chores out of the way. I spent most of a week on vacation at the Workshop. I need to do some catching up. Besides, jumping into the software now, before I have a CNC to run the g-code on is like getting all dressed up and having nowhere to go - an excersize in frustration.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

John, you try to get the credit for everything. I figured after chatting Tony up and telling him a bunch of lies about you I figured he figured us folks were all gits and took pity on us. I do think that Weston is a very derserving winner. Tony really impressed me with his enthusiasm and effort he put into the event. I imagine that hisvefforts will be rewarded.

Comment

Congratulations Weston, I'll bet you will soon have some fun with that. Keep us rookies posted on the progress of the conversion to cnc.
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                X