Haimer 3-D Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haimer 3-D Sensor

I just received my Haimer 3-D Sensor. At just under 2lbs., it's a real work of art. Once you get it zeroed in, it's pretty easy to use. I find it a lot easier than my Starrett edge finder; although some of you with years of experiance may do just as well with the Starrett type (sorry I don't have the Starrett part number handy). It was a bit pricey, somewhere around $340.00 with shipping, but since I use the money I save by not suscribing to cable tv to buy tools, I don't feel too bad about blowing the dough on it. I'll send pics. when I get a computer that can handle photo shop, etc. Remember, it's tools or other stuff; guess which wins.

Good for you. Who needs cable. You pay a big monthly fee for 2 watchable channels and 1/3rd of your time is wasted watching commericals to make the networks even more money. And thats assuming that there is actualy anything worth watching.. there usally isent.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I used to watch the History Channel at a friends's house. One night we realized we'd watched an hour of show and had seed less than 15 minutes of content. I seems nowdays, most of what History C. broadcasts is recycled from previous shows.

Comment

My 3D Taster is my most often used indicator, often a dozen times a day when I am doing short run work. I need to order another one so that I don't have to move the one between machines all the time. Congrats, I hope that you find it as useful as I do.

Comment

I'm using my Haimer in the CNC lathe to determine the tool offsets.
          Haimer in the chuck and then you can adjust tool height, X and Z offsets.
          I once got that stupid idea that showed to work better than expected. Offsets are accurate to 0.01 mm.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyD
            My 3D Taster is my most often used indicator, often a dozen times a day when I am doing short run work. I need to order another one so that I don't have to move the one between machines all the time.
            Mike, those three I found for $150 were a once in a lifetime deal. You'll have to pay full retail price for the next one

It was a bit pricey, somewhere around $340.00 with shipping
            Isn't that the price for the bare unit? I thought you have to buy the tips separately for ~ $50?
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I thought you have to buy the tips separately for ~ $50?
              The first tip should be included.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MuellerNick
                The first tip should be included.
                I know, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nick
                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

You talking about one of these? I just did a google search and copied the url of the pic. You don't need no stinking badges or computers to do that

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                    Isn't that the price for the bare unit? I thought you have to buy the tips separately for ~ $50?
                    A new Haimer 3D Sensor comes with 1 short tip included in the package and I think that the list price is $350, not including shipping.

Mike
                    Mike Henry near Chicago

Comment

I know, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nick
                      Did the seller find a way to cut the price?
                      Mine came with a tip and I would be wondering a lot if the tip isn't factory installed. Quite useless!

Nick

Comment

Does anyone have a link to a dealer for these? North America prefered.

Pete

Comment

So what do these items test for?? I see they are a taster so I suspect they must be used for testing for poisons in food, like the old food testers of years gone by..
                          Precision takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer
                            So what do these items test for?? I see they are a taster so I suspect they must be used for testing for poisons in food, like the old food testers of years gone by..
                            poisoned microns.............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

poisoned microns.............
                              Naaa, Bridgeports' coolant sumps.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X