Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

perpetual motion , Overunity and free energy nuts all over the web.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The name Alabaster used to refer to a type of marble. There may be some confusion over what the pyramid was actually faced with. As usual, just about anything that is reported about the pyramids is subject to some suspicion as to the accuracy.

The one thing we do know is that there is nothing about the construction of the pyramids that is somehow "impossible". They exist so that is obviously not the case. Invoking various "explanations" such as help from aliens and other fantasies is just plain ridiculous. There is nothing unique about the pyramids compared to similarly difficult projects have been undertaken at widely removed locations around the world except for scale. Far larger stones have been moved by the ancients using well known methods that require no modern equipment or technology.

There are methods to easily move blocks of hundreds of tonnes using only manual methods. By laying down a series of logs like railway cross ties at the correct spacing a square block can be rolled over the logs with the corners of the block dipping between the logs and the flats rolling over the tops of the logs. The logs may even be replaced by low stone walls for long term use. When the stone is moved in this manner instead of skidding the amount of effort required is greatly reduced and the speed greatly increased.

See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5...eature=related
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• There is not much excuse for now knowing what some of the pyramids were faced with as some still have a bit of the facing intact.

Comment

• Perhaps not, but the confusion is real. The facing is frequently reported as being marble.

The pyramids were originally not as we know them today - they were covered by a facing, like marble or pink granite.
        http://www.ancientworldegypt.com/pyramids.html

Comment

• According to my copy of "The Secrets of the great Pyramids" they-the ones at Cheops- were faced with white limestone that had been planed absolutely smooth. I think Herodotus mentioned limestone as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan
            That is an interesting video. It shows what one man can do with simple tools and leverage.
            OK so now I would like to see what he and a whole bunch of this friends can do. I want them to take one of his large stones move it 20 miles then set it up all by hand and within 2.2 minutes.

Comment

• 2.2 minutes is a red herring. The pyramids were built by work gangs working in parallel, not serially. 1000 gangs of men have (according to your calculations) a day and a half to do the job, each gang. They have even longer if the blocks were larger and split to smaller blocks on site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Scientist
                Originally posted by Evan
                That is an interesting video. It shows what one man can do with simple tools and leverage.
                That is a cool video! He quotes in the video that he can move a 1 1/2 ton block 300 feet/hour (by himself!). They show him moving a barn. Multiply by 30,000 men...

I need to look him up next time I move machinery
                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• Originally posted by lazlo
                  That is a cool video! He quotes in the video that he can move a 1 1/2 ton block 300 feet/hour (by himself!). They show him moving a barn. Multiply by 30,000 men...

I need to look him up next time I move machinery
                  I've been watching his web site for several years and it looks like his enthusiasm has waned. Or he's out of cash for buying concrete. But his solutions are amazing. Particularly the means for rolling blocks. The idea for it would be obvious to anyone who has rolled a square block in the sand. Left behind is the rough form necessary to recreate the rails from wood.

Comment

• I think it would be really cool project to restore and Reface one of the Pyramids.
                    Might give the People there something to do and be proud of instead of blowing each other up and sucking on Hashish all day.
                    They could get the marble from the 'Mosque of Mohammad Ali' that Artful Bodger was talking about.
                    What would the cost be at today's rates?
                    I heard recently that about the bottom 1/4 or so of the Pyramid was of a Darker Color.

Tom M.

Comment

• I don't know about the pyramid thing and how many guys it took but for a one man show this guys pretty tough to beat for consistent horsepower output, he's been going ever since Iv been out here and even way before that (40+ years)

This Castle is not very far from where i live - iv watched it grow over the years to epic proportion, It really is awe inspiring...
                      I do worry about it structurally and definitely fear tremors when im way up there...

Jim is a total trip to talk to, very eccentric and lots of conspiracy theory's but a very nice guy also,,, Don't even get him started on the "Gubbermint"!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06211/709125-37.stm

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan
                        2.2 minutes is a red herring. The pyramids were built by work gangs working in parallel, not serially. 1000 gangs of men have (according to your calculations) a day and a half to do the job, each gang. They have even longer if the blocks were larger and split to smaller blocks on site.
                        Well I think it should be obvious that the pyramid was not built one stone at a time. But if the time estimate to build it and the number of stones in it are correct then whatever method they used they still had to set one stone in place every 2.2 minutes. So even if they had 1000’s of groups of “X” men each, then just keep out of each others way would have been a feat in itself. It seems to me that the areas around the pyramid and the quarry would have resembled a giant “traffic jam” and not very conducive to the production rates needed.

I don’t claim to know how they did it but all the current explanations I’ve see come up short.

Comment

• The precise detail of the construction will never be known but the fact remains that the pyramids exist and were built by men. Details such as time frames and the numbers of workers are only guesses. Not enough remains in the archeological record to provide definitive answers. We also don't even know the exact level of technology they used and that can make a very big difference.

Placing stones at the bottom of the pyramid is the easiest and the quickest. The area and room to work is at a maximum and the lifting is at a minimum. As it grows in height the area and therefore the number of stones diminished approximately by the inverse square while the total weight to be lifted diminished by the inverse cube.

Calculating the rate at which stones must be placed as an overall average ignores the realities of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                          X