Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

perpetual motion , Overunity and free energy nuts all over the web.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpetual motion is akin to achieving perfection. It just ain't gonna happen. All we can do is attempt to get as close as possible, and then maintain that level of efficiency.
    John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

The only reason that anybody thinks that perpetual motion is possible is because they lack enough knowledge of science. In particular they lack knowledge of the many ways that kinetic energy may be transferred to and from matter. Since perpetual MOTION by definition involves movement it then must include changes of position. All matter creates some degree of gravity that is directly proportional to it's mass. Gravity has infinite range and although it becomes weaker with distance it never vanishes completely.

Because of this every bit of matter interacts with every other bit of matter that is within the event horizon of the universe. That means that all matter in the universe is exchanging kinetic energy with all the rest of the matter by means of several mechanisms including tidal effects, most likely frame dragging effects with the possibility of gravitational abberation effects as well. So, even absent all other loss mechanisms such as bearing and friction in general there are still gravitational losses. Since it is believed (with evidence supporting) that the net angular momentum of the universe is zero then any device that has angular momentum will exchange it with all other objects via gravity and will assume, very gradually, the state equivalent of zero angular motion.

In other words, planets that spin slow down in the long term. They don't speed up overall. Orbits decay. Even light grows "tired" as it works it's way out of gravity wells.

Bottom line is that you cannot produce perpetual motion by getting rid of friction, atmospheric drag, sheilding, or by using vacuums, superconductors or any other mainipulations. There is always gravity and we know of no way to alter it, shield it nullify it or modulate it.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

All this talk about the 100mpg carburator made me dig up this link again. The 118 mpg fuel injection system.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...ang-ho-kim.php
        Andy

Comment

what technolgey is a cell phone based on any one that answer , i do but id like to hear from you guys.
          It's based on a frequency hopping technique. The patent was held jointly by Hedy Lamarr (yes, THAT Hedy Lamarr) and George Antheil.

US 2,292,387
          Paul Compton
          www.morini-mania.co.uk
          http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Originally posted by airsmith282
            how about all you non belivers get off your buts make the same sorta rig and try it then you will belive.

look iam not trying to be rude well maybe a little , but it seems to me that alot of people on here ar very closed minded,

the biggest reason not to bleive in propetual motion is the simple fact that eventually one of 2 things is going to happen someday the bearing is going to wear out or the magnuts will lose power and eventually they will. but this does not prove that propetual motion is not real.. it just means that some day you got parts that need to be replaced.and not even the most advanced alien race can make something that will not one day wear out or break down, that is not physics thats FACT..

i find most people just pissed for a few reasons, they either feel someone stole their idea or they have been condition sence birth to follow one set of laws and beliefs and that nothing except whats in books is able to be done, surpise take a look around you..

boy was the world pissed when someone descoverd and proved carbon dating was false..bet alot of collectors were pissed off as well.

can a car drive it self , its up and comming thats not propetual motion its advaced techno stuff.

what technolgey is a cell phone based on any one that answer , i do but id like to hear from you guys.

when was the light bulb really invented and by who,

iam sure there are alot of thngs that have been faked but equally there as much or more thats not fake but most seem to still swear its not real, well that is how you have condition your self then you will stay that way,the church is the master of closed mindedness,

all the world knows there is a god and jesus and what jesus did onthe cross for man kind, but only 5% belive it and folow it 95% know it but deny it, or dont belive it at all.

amonge the 5% of belivers less then 2% know and belive as well that there is life out there and we are not alone in this vast universe..

amonge the world many think there is a beginning and end to the universe but there isnt, and i dont need a telescope to prove it , its simple, to understand, if there is a begining and an end then we are in a box or bubble or we dont even exist none of this is real.. but because we live and breath and think and advance we are real . so the universe is real and all thats in it and around it there for races form other planets have visited us and have helped us alonge and still do iam sure, and are here,, some are human like us just more advanced ..others are likely like the grays but just not in the public eye yet, aline abductions some are real alot are not.

so wrap your head aoround all this even the last 100 years of advancement and then you have the answer that things are not all that they seem to be.

propetual motion is real but it like all other tecnolegys has the same rule eventually it will break down and need repair . this does not mean something can not propel it self with out gas or a battery or compressed air, it just means it will one day need parts replaced, even a magnut loses energy over time..

I feel like wrapping my head .....WHO HAS THE TINFOIL?!?!?!?!? I need it over here...!

Comment

Originally posted by ADGO_Racing
              I feel like wrapping my head .....WHO HAS THE TINFOIL?!?!?!?!? I need it over here...!
              That doesn't work, they send the mind control rays up through your feet!
              Paul Compton
              www.morini-mania.co.uk
              http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Will it help if I wrap my feet too???

Comment

The stupid, it burns!
                  Todd

Comment

I tried that, in fact, I made a whole suit (and two pairs of pants) out of aluminum foil. Now, when I wear it, I can't hear the voices that tell me to kill everybody.

Remember the classic Curly line from a "Three Stooges" short..." I keep tryin' to think, but nothin happens."
                    No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

The only thing that works is this rig and he really should be wearing a beta-tritanium face screen for maximum protection. He also needs a few more ground straps.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                        The only thing that works is this rig and he really should be wearing a beta-tritanium face screen for maximum protection. He also needs a few more ground straps.

But couldn't you get a feed from the ground up (Or back, however you want to imagine it)???? We never really know how these alien technologies work, do we???

Comment

If the alien technology is electromagnetic in nature then wrapping yourself in conductive metal will shield you. The beauty of science is that we can predict what happens in cases we cannot try. If we integrate electric flux inside of such a suit, we conclude that the charge from the alien mind control ray can only be on the outside of the suit and thus we are protected. Long live the Maxwell equations as they apply to the prevention of nutters and alien mind control rays!

Comment

Originally posted by ckelloug
                            If the alien technology is electromagnetic in nature then wrapping yourself in conductive metal will shield you. The beauty of science is that we can predict what happens in cases we cannot try. If we integrate electric flux inside of such a suit, we conclude that the charge from the alien mind control ray can only be on the outside of the suit and thus we are protected. Long live the Maxwell equations as they apply to the prevention of nutters and alien mind control rays!

I quite agree. That's why I keep a tinfoil hat hand on my hat rack in the front hall. It's comforting to know that I won't have my mind taken over by aliens when they appear. My wife has already done a good job of mind control and I certainly wish to avoid any further interference.

Comment

Im so glad I made this thread its been a fun read and is educational.

The closest thing I have made to PM is a top made from a large punch slug 1.562" by .500 thick. it was balenced on a wire base made from a mig welder and I hit it with an air hose till it we going very fast and to spun for 40 minutes.

Its just the crap you do when you are bored after cleaning the shop.

Comment

Spinning things with air can be very dangerous. The velocity from an air nozzle may approach the speed of sound. That means the theoretical maximum rpm that your top might achieve is around 170,000 rpm. It will be less than that of course, but how much less? When does the metal come apart?

added: I just calculated the forces if the maximum possible rpm were reached. It would produce around 600,000 gees with a tensile force of close to the yield point of mild steel at 37,500 psi. With a half inch thickness you could have been close to catastrophic failure even at lower rpm.
                                Last edited by Evan; 07-20-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X