No announcement yet.

Show off your CAD renderings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlackForest---Yes, you could do that.---Damn---I deleted my sheep model, or I could have put one on there for you!!!----Brian
    Brian Rupnow
    Design engineer
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here's a few I've done, all with Rhino:

I just got a copy of Autodesk Inventor, so I'm going to see how I like that. Tried Alibre, didn't like it compared to Rhino.

Cheers,

BW
      ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
      Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
      http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

I've been using SW 9.0 on my hp laptop that is dual core intel 2.1 ghz, and onboard shared video/system ram intel graphics. 4gb dual channel ram.

The onboard video is barely adequate for simple projects.

Comment

This was the first 3d model I ever made with Solidworks. It's a carb plenum box for my Turbo KZ650 project bike. I ended up changing the inlet location to the bottom center when I machined it.

Steve

Comment

Here are some quickies of a little lathe my pal Steve S_J_H made. Not really "renders" in my opinion, since I didn't apply materials and surface finishes to the parts.

I made the ball screws real screws eventually as shown here.

Comment

Here's a few of mine done in Rhino:

Largest resource on the web for Taig lathes and milling machines, www.cartertools.com

Comment

Nick, I really like the look of that hammer tone finish on the vise and the gyro looks real. It looks like it could be a phot it looks so realistic. Thanks for sharing.
                Jonathan P.

Comment

Very cool ...

Comment

We certainly do have some CAD wizards on this board. For me it is almost as much fun to build something in the computer as it is to build it for real. Almost, but not quite. It is really cool to make what I was able to visualize.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                      For me it is almost as much fun to build something in the computer as it is to build it for real. Almost, but not quite. It is really cool to make what I was able to visualize.
                      Perhaps even more fun if you had a physics engine on your computer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics_engine. I don't have one on my Mac, but I'm ready for it when it becomes affordable and easy enough to use.
                      Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

I do. It's called Sketchy Physics. I am working on a black hole simulation but is is very approximate. Even the highest powered simulations fail miserably near the event horizon. The simulator math blows up as values approach infinity or zero as divide by zero errors cannot be avoided. The required resolution of numerical methods increases asymptotically.

You get to shoot a particle of infinitesimal mass into the black hole. By using a massless particle it simplfies the calculations near the limits.

Last edited by Evan; 07-26-2010, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I too have Sketchy Physics, but haven't used it yet since all my immediate needs are met with SketchUp. I am amazed that you can model a black hole. Although you do not have to consider collision detection, material elasticity, thermal expansion, etc., you do have the strong curvature of space itself. Very ambitious effort!
                          Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Not a rendering, but a few pictures of a real product I designed for
                            a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski
                              Not a rendering, but a few pictures of a real product I designed for
                              a customer.
                              What does it do?
                              Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Looks like a hand held FLIR unit to me.

Come to think of it, it could be an ultrasonic tape measure.
                                Last edited by Evan; 07-26-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X