No announcement yet.

Choices of calendars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the Dan Akroyd starred movie "The Arrow" regarding that plane. I was going to post a thread on it as it seemed like an interesting story.

Comment

If you are going to make a calender, how about a pic. of the project that you always wanted to make, one for each month. or the print for same, on the simple ones.
      just a thought.kinda like waiting for that next issue of M/W.

Comment

I too loved the bull of the woods calenders, if any one knows where to get one letme know.

Comment

Peter S,

I wish you hadn't posted that Peter...... I'm $9.95 + P&P in debt now!! Can't wait to find out which month the Napier Sabre appears on!!

RR

Comment

How 'bout this ?

Comment

Linn {spelling?} gear has "Bull of the Woods", we get 1 a year at work. Maybe a group purchase might be in order if their source of supply could be determined.
              mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

I had the Arrow Calendar, Darn Great Airplane, saw the movie, good film.

How about a solar calendar, equal weeks and 13 months?

Jerry

Comment

Peter S,

Thanks for the link. I just received my Great Aircraft Engines 2004 calendar. It is really interesting. I have the opportunity to work up close with engines like these out at the EAA Foundation Hanger. We had a Super Corsair in there for some time since it blew an engine during the EAA Airventure. It has a 28 cylinder ( 4 banks of 7 cylinders ) radial and may be the December picture, the Pratt & Whitney R-4360. That was an amazing piece of engineering.

Ok now we need that HSM calendar. Pictures of the HSM masters with their projects. Pictures of the great old machine tools of the past. Pictures of the best of the best like the Monarch EE and the Hardinge machines.

I can use more than one calendar.

Bernard

Comment

Instead of a calendar, I put up the KBC measurement chart that has a tape and die reference on it. This is both in SAE and Metric. I got this from the industrial show in Toronto a couple of months ago.

No girlie pictures, put useful information.

Jerry

Comment

Okay,
                      Next years calenders will be a Chick-Fil-A cow calender (united they stand,divided they're steak!) and a gun calender from the USA Shooting Team!
                      Robert.

Comment

How about the Packed and Stacked calendar, by G. Gordon Liddy?

Jerry

Comment

Bernard, Here are some photos of a cut-away P&W R 4360, 28 cylinder, (four rows of seven cylinders) I took these at Chino museum (near LA in California), a great museum, included many unusual aircraft such as several German and Japanese jets. You can go for a flight on a Hudson? while you are there. (While I was there, a guy came in with his elderly father, ex-bomber crew, paid for him to go on a surprise birthday flight in the Hudson.

The other place I remember seeing these engines, I think, was powering the 'Spruce Goose'. (Engines could be acessed from within the wing, while in flight, I seem to remember)

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/10...y_Chino_01.jpg

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/10...y_Chino_02.jpg

BTW, you guys who like Aero Engine calenders, it is worth joining the Aircraft Engine Historical Society, they publish a great magazine, editied by Graham White, author of some good aircraft engine books.

http://www.enginehistory.org/

Comment

I like the Bull of the Woods but the last one I had I got from a friend about 3 yrs. ago. Don't know where to get another.

Comment

Peter S,

I could spend all day looking at those displays. I'd like to see that museum. I have visited the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. That is another great aircraft museum and has a very impressive display of aircraft engines on the floor for close-up inspection. They also have many cutaways; really impressive.

My calendar does show a half dozen of the aircraft that the P&W R-4360 was used in and the Spruce Goose was one of them.

Bernard

Comment

Working...
                              X