Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choices of calendars?

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-19-2004).]

Last years version of those free cards they pass out at the bank.

Really, I'm still in a quandry over how to vote on the Julian / Gregorian issue...

Comment

I think I'll need a few days to think about this one, at least 366 days to be precise!

I have a great 'Flying Legends' calender from MPI publishing (just left behind a Spit MkVIII in October and I'm now onto Novembers pin up ~ 'Diamond Lil' a B24 Liberator), think I'll just re-use it and pencil in February 29th !!!!! I did have a super calender a few years back which I picked up in the US, it was a reproduction of the famous Gil Elvgren hand drawn pin ups from the fifties. Delightfully erotic without being offensive!

Someone stole it!! (it may have been trash canned by Mrs. Raglan though)

RR

Comment

I generally get a calendar from one of the local race car garages or from a tool store. They are pretty to look at.

For my aviation calendar, I have A.V. Roe Arrow Calendar. For those who don't live in Canada, it was a fighter airplace way ahead of it's time.

Jerry

Comment

I think that I am going to get a Calendar Creation program for my computer and make my own. I will probably put some of the photos that I took at Estevan on it and mabye some of Bernies if it's ok with him.
          To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 11-16-2003).]

Comment

I'm waiting for one of my Snap-on girlie calenders to be in sync. I have only three, so I can't hit every year, and since they went PC several years ago I can't add to my collection.

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 11-16-2003).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. Rob:
                  Really, I'm still in a quandry over how to vote on the Julian / Gregorian issue...</font>
                  That depends on delivery dates, keep swopping between the two and you can get a 21 day reprieve if you are running late !

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Dan,

There's far less exposed skin on those Fifties babes than I can see in town on a Friday / Saturday night, displayed by their modern counterparts.

You're right, the innocent 'come hither look' with a slight (accidental, mind you!) display of leg and hint of under-pinnings is far more attractive than the modern trend to show everything they have, and a bit more just to be sure!!

I guess I'm just getting old!! Hey, wait a minute I'll do John's trick above and gain a few days back,
                    Gregorian, Julian, Gregorian,....

RR

Comment

You are not getting old RR it's just that after a while you realise that anything more than two handfuls and a mouthful is wasted.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

RRaglan, I'm with you. Less is more. Im a young pup but I would agree that the little look from under the hair (aka Veronica Lake) and a little leg is much better than the Britney Spears look. Or this new thing were it is ok to let the thong hang out the back. No thanks. The chase is 1/2 of the fun.

Does Rigid still make their famous calendar?

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 11-04-2003).]
                        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Love the idea of a HSM calender.
                          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Randy,
                            Someone swiped all my Snap-on calenders but one so I"ll be waiting a while for it to be back in sync!

There is some kind of coupon calender on one wall and a USA Shooting Team on the other.

I got rid of the girlie calenders when I got married.After I got divorced,I never bothered (or got a free one ) to replace the girlie one.Come to think of it,that was one of the few things I can remember doing with out being asked that got my ex's approval!

Robert.

Comment

I don't have any,the only way I know what day of the week it happens to be is by the clock on my computer.

At work we have one from 1973 I think,Norman Rockwell,now theres an artist,you know every so many years the days all fall right again
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X