X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the most out of yourMagnetic Drill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0GGsKu1v4I

Watch the link I made. Vernon
    Last edited by Vernon; 08-17-2010, 03:46 PM.

Vernon,
    Good job. Now I'll have to make one.
    This will defiantly make the drill MORE versatile.
    JIM : You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Comment

Mag Drill

Originally posted by KINGWELD
      Vernon,
      Good job. Now I'll have to make one.
      This will defiantly make the drill MORE versatile.
      Hey Jim,
      The base for my Mag drill has been a great help in my small shop glad I made it and I think you will be very happy to.
      Vernon

Comment

Clever Vernon -- I like it!
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Nice, Lots of love for the 1/2" plate eh?
          I like when you tilted it forward.. then set it down, camera shakes from the thud, haha. (1:12)

Nifty recess 'under' the collumn of the mag drill too. thats gotta come in handy someday.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Mag Drill

Originally posted by Black_Moons
            I like when you tilted it forward.. then set it down, camera shakes from the thud, haha. (1:12)

Nifty recess 'under' the collumn of the mag drill too. thats gotta come in handy someday.
            1/2 plate little heavy But very strong. Thank You Vernon

Comment

Nice video. Well thought out. Makes me want to get a mag drill even tho I don't need one.

ME

Comment

Nicely done.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by EddyCurr
                  Nicely done.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Eddy for watching
                  Vernon

Comment

Nice job Vernon. That is a very instructive and well done video.----Brian
                    Brian Rupnow

Comment

One of my serious tool wants is a Hougen drill unit. I've already got a selection of cutters that I use in my drill press with the MT2 adapter Hougen has. They make arbors and adapters to allow use of their "Rotabroach" cutters in all manner of drilling equipment.

Comment

Veron,
                        Thanks for sharing that great video. Please keep up the great work and post some more videos.
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
                          The 1/2" plate is required to get sufficient mass for the magnet to grab. Last I knew Hougen drills needed 1" plate thickness to generate their rated holding power.

Comment

Nice work and the video is well done.

If you keep making videos and get lots of hits youtube will pay you. A Buddie of mine does bike repair videos and makes a couple hundred dollars a month. that would make for some nice fun tool money.

Comment

Well. Nice job, yes. I guess that presumes you have a mag drill and would like to get more use from it. Couple questions- how does the side play in the quill compare to what a typical small drill press might have- that's one- another question is regarding the magnetic part. Is that powered or is it permanent magnet with a release lever of some kind?

A suggestion- since you have such a solid base unit, how about adding a clamping device to lock the work down with. Maybe you could add a few tapped holes and just be able to run a bolt or two down them to pinch against the workpiece. A rectangular shaped 'foot' with a recess in it for the bolt could be a very good addition to help keep things from spinning.

I brought up the quill slop issue because so many drill presses these days are so sloppy it makes me ill. You're not paying so much for them, granted, but who would want to use such an inferior piece of gear (not me). I'm not aware of any mag drill that can be had nearly so cheaply as a small drill press, so it 'should' be a quality piece of equipment with fairly close tolerances. To be able to end up with a 'precision' drill press, even with reduced vertical travel and spindle to column distance would be a good thing.

Thanks for posting that project.
                              I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
                              X