No announcement yet.

Looking for schrader fittings (female)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for schrader fittings (female)

I am looking for female schrader fittings which screw onto a schrader valve on one end, and have some kind of a fitting on the other... I guess any kind is ok except for crimp on. I am failing to find these, although they exist on shock pumps for bicycles.

You might look inot aircraft supply locations

Comment

The only place I've seen those is on a bicycle tire pump. So, here's where you can get one:

http://www.diamondu.com/accessories.htm

It's their 9001 or 9002 depending on the barb size, about 2/3 way down the page.
      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

mcmastercarr.com

Comment

Originally posted by ahidley
          mcmastercarr.com
          What's the part number?

Comment

Automotive stores have a conversion fitting for fuel mechanics pressure gages. They have one size that will fit a Schrader valve that you would find on a tire and has larger threads on the other end for a gage. I have one that cam with a kit from Actron out of Cleveland.

I'll see if I can find a link.
            Otherwise, you might be better off to make one.
            rock~
            Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Ok, here is some info. Kit number CP7818 gets you everything in the photo below. Its called the Ford fuel line adapter. You want the little brass part shown separate here.

Call customer service and tell them you lost that part and see what they want for it.

Customer Service
              For product information or customer service
              please call 1-800-ACTRON-7 (1-800-228-7667)
              Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and
              4:30 p.m. Eastern time or fax anytime at
              (216) 651-2388.
              Actron can also be reached by Email or on the
              Internet.
              Email address: [email protected]
              Internet home page: http://www.actron.com
              Here is the pdf where that info came from.
              Actron pressure gage kit

And, just because I had to buy one today, you can get a part with a Schrader valve on one end and a 1/8 npt on the other end at Lowes in the well pump section for about $3.00. Not that it had anything to do with your post, but just cause I found one.

rock~
              Last edited by rockrat; 08-23-2010, 11:53 PM.
              Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for? http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-schrader-couplers

Comment

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo.../gooseneck.php

Comment

Jim,

The spruce link is for aircraft struts, it does not have the little button in middle to depress the little schrader valve inside he stem. I have one of those, handy for some stuff, worthless for airing tires and such.

Comment

You need the hose off a hand-pump for pumping up mountain bike tyres.
                      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

The Cessna nose strut can be charged from a regular air hose in an emergency, so it must have a regular Schrader valve. I'd expect the Aircraft Spruce fitting to have the button to depress the valve plunger, but it's been almost ten years since I last looked at a strut closely.
                        Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Dill makes the one I use for aircraft. Got a little t-handle to depress the valve core. I think you can buy just the adapter air adapter itself (without the gage & hose)at hose shops. Seems like I saw some at "bearing & service" a local vendor.

http://www.dillaircontrols.com/files...t%20Gauges.pdf

be sure & get some extra copper crush gaskets while your at it. They will wear out, and I've never found an 'across the counter' source.

Comment

Winchman, you 're are right about charging from an air hose - in an emergency, I prefer nitrogen when available. The schrader coupling shown earlier (screw on) have does not have the plunger button in it, the high pressure of the nitrogen bottle will over power the spring in the check valve allowing the gas to enter. If you use shop air you can use a standard tire chuck to inflate the strut, the little plunger will depress the check valve allowing the shop air to enter. Shop air and the screw on coupling as shown earlier doesn't work well unless you have a lot of pressure - more than most shop compressors can put out safely.

At least that is my experience.

Comment

eg, SE Cessnas; And if you are using a ordinary chuck, it helps to have some push down on the tail a bit for you, takes a bit less air pressure this way, and you avoid the problem of not getting the chuck exactly square on the shrader valve, & releasing hydraulic fluid.

Comment

Working...
                              X