Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging "Fastrack"-Look at the Video

Tom,
    The video gives a new meaning to "Superlathe". It's a long video.
    http://www.binnsmachinery.com/
    Makes our lathes look wimpy.
    The link is from the "Vanguard Lathe-Nightmare" thread on PM.
    Harry

So Harry, When are You going to get one?
    That was an incredible video. Thanks for posting.
    I thought having a 20 horse lathe was a pretty good accomplishment, kind of makes it look like a little Taig in comparison.

Steve

Comment

Be fun to put a small HF lathe in that thing, just for laughs.
      This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
      Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
      Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

SUPERLATHE

Now there's an understatement!!!

Awesome video. Thanks for posting.
        JIM : You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Comment

I'm going to get rotten tomatoes for saying this, but if they're so proud of their lathe, why only a one year warranty?

* One year warranty on all parts and labor; see standard warranty terms.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by beckley23
            Makes our lathes look wimpy.
            Lalalalala .... I'm not listening!

Actually, I've seen that video before. I don't say this very often, but I think that is actually TOO much lathe for me to handle Thanks for posting it. This time I saved it to my desktop so I won't forget it!

Comment

I can always say I don't have the room, which is true, but I'm not interested in that type of work. That lathe is designed for a particular class of work, and would be useless for what I do. It's nice to think of the possibilties, though.
              That lathe ain't going to go on a 10" slab, I wonder what the foundation requirements are, plus what infrastructure is needed. Overhead cranes, 20,00 LBS chips per hour; gives pause for further considerations.
              I bought my 78" centers lathe, because it has the handcrank for moving the tailstock, for a particular job that requires a lot of tailstock moving.
              Harry
              Last edited by beckley23; 08-24-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

thanks for that. I've been through steel mills and and size and power of the rolling mills producing coils is incredible....always wondered how those massive, hard rollers are turned, now i know. Those recirculating ball ways were very neat

In the winter, apparently they'd drop a coil in the yard near an outside crew...I got kick out of that steel mill tidbit

Comment

Working...
                X