A Stark no.3 lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Stark no.3 lathe

My good friend Rube ( who is a member here) surprised me with the gift of an old Stark no.3 lathe a few days ago. It was a precision bench lathe of around a 100 years ago.

Very nice old machine, It is missing a bit here and there but everything turns amazingly smooth. I'll be giving it a complete resto.

For further reading of the fine machines built by Stark-
    http://www.lathes.co.uk/stark/

Nice haul,should cleanup nice too.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Glad to do it Steevo, I thought of you the second I saw it, but if you only knew how close I came to keeping it for myself!! But then I thought of my unfinished Logan Lathe project, and the CNC Lathe project I got from you...I figured it deserved you more than me. I cant wait to see what you do with it. Let me know when you get tired of it and I'd be glad to have another S_J_H machine in my collection...hahaha

Its just too bad you're going to have such a hard time finding a suitable motor to drive it...LOL

Comment

lol, yeah everybody, Rubes was clearing out some of his Fathers shop a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted a few motors he had no use for. I said sure and when I get to his house he has an entire pallet ready for me!

On the right hand side of the pic are some older GE motors of 1/4- 1/2 hp. I will use one of them to power the Stark.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X