Gears and Gear Cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears and Gear Cutting

Just a "heads up" that Ivan Law's "Gears and Gear Cutting" is available again. I had a "locate and notify" at Powells and Amazon, and Powells notified me they had a copy a couple of weeks ago, followed by Amazon a few days later. paid $11.00 + $7.50 shipping at Powells, but probably would have been cheaper at Amazon, due to shipping costs from Powells in the UK.
    I got my copy today.
    http://www.powells.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Searc...node=241582011
    Jim

Mine was shipped yesterday, CAD $12.74 including shipping New not used..
    I spent most of my money on women and booze, the rest I just wasted.

Comment

Gears and Gear Cutting

Thanks for the heads up. I have been wanting the book for months and just ordered it.

Comment

Yep, thanks too....

I also just ordered it - from one of Amazons sellers, they show about 12-15 sellers offering it in new paperback from $6.99 (which I selected!) all the way up to (get this) $59.36 I often see this at Amazon, a book ranging from cheap - $4-5-6 etc to ridiculous prices, have to wonder if those sellers ever get those prices...
        If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pace
          Yep, thanks too....

I also just ordered it - from one of Amazons sellers, they show about 12-15 sellers offering it in new paperback from $6.99 (which I selected!) all the way up to (get this) $59.36 I often see this at Amazon, a book ranging from cheap - $4-5-6 etc to ridiculous prices, have to wonder if those sellers ever get those prices...
          Bill, when Sir John had the great thread on gearcutting a few months back, I tried to find a copy....the only one I found was on Amazon USED for $150.00!!!....LOL That's why I posted this. I thought there probably were members who were trying to find it, and might have given up.
          Jim

Comment

The reply I was given from the people I ordered mine from(in the U.K.)
            was they were waiting for more to come from the publisher(in Malta).
            I ordered mine the last week of June and more copies weren't available
            until the first week of August.
            Hopefully this will clarify why there hasn't been any available for a while.

My copy did show up on the 6th of August. LOTS of good information.

HAPPY READING
            JIM : You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Comment

Busy Bee, (Canada,) have had it on their book rack for at least a year. I think I paid about $18.00 for it.
              Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Unfortunately, Busy Bee won't sell to us south of the border.
                JIM : You don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Comment

Try the book depository. That is the place that I have gotten almost all of my workshop practice series book. They are based in the UK, but have distributers in the US.

-brian
                  -brian

Hello, my name is brian and I'm a toolaholic.

Comment

I got mine from Amazon.co.uk , arrived about 10 days ago
                    I had to wait about 6 weeks, but it is now showing in stock for £5.56

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                    X