Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kf2qd
    replied
    Another one of those Dual Purpose words...

There are engine Lathes and Meal working Lathes(Lay-ths) which we have all played with, and then there is Metal Lathe(L short A- hard TH) which is nailed to walls to hold plaster.

Kind of like speaking about a tired vehicle - is it tired as having tires, or just worn out?

Leave a comment:

• loose nut
    replied
    Originally posted by RenoF250
    It is Canada, they can't spell. Probably has tyres on his car and sees many colours.
    Glad to see you know how to spell correctly, how about teaching the rest of the US.

Leave a comment:

• Elninio
    replied
    Originally posted by saltmine
    Whew! That's a load off my mind...I thought you had to throw it at them.
    HAHAHAHAHA!

Leave a comment:

• RenoF250
    replied
    It is Canada, they can't spell. Probably has tyres on his car and sees many colours.

Leave a comment:

• saltmine
    replied
    Whew! That's a load off my mind...I thought you had to throw it at them.

Leave a comment:

• gwilson
    replied
    I couldn't figure that one out till I read the other posts. This is a prime example of the importance of spelling decently enough to make yourself understood.

Leave a comment:

• Liger Zero
    replied
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lath

Me thinks someone has teh typo.

Leave a comment:

• Elninio
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Moons
    How about a big belt sander. I bet those snakes could keep up for awhile, but eventualy they would wear out!
    The add is still up, here's the link if you're interested; http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-services-...AdIdZ225779569

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    How about a big belt sander. I bet those snakes could keep up for awhile, but eventualy they would wear out!

Leave a comment:

• Elninio
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Moons
    I'll admit, hes right, I have not had any problems with snakes eating through my metal lathe.
    What other machine tools do you think he'll advise us for the purpose of snake protection, for the low consultational fee of 110$/hour ?

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    I'll admit, hes right, I have not had any problems with snakes eating through my metal lathe.

Leave a comment:

• Elninio
    started a topic OT: use a lathe to protect yourself from snakes

OT: use a lathe to protect yourself from snakes

While browsing the local adds for machine tools, I came across this hilarious add. Needless to say, I took full advantage of the opportunity and replied:

Working...
X