how to add a photo to a posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add a photo to a posting

Am I just kind of thick. I just can't seem to figure out how to add a photo to a posting withgout using photobucket. Are there instructions somewhere.

This site doesn't host images so you need to find a site like photobucket that does. Glacern Tools does: http://Glacern.com/ and it's free.

Comment

You don't have to use photobucket but you must use some server someplace that will be able to send the picture when requested by somebody viewing the thread. This BBS doesn't permit attachments because of the server load it would produce.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

... and the sticky thread at the top of the General list gives more information.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I just tried a web search for "photo hosting" and Bing claimed to have returned 101,000,000 results. I did not visit each of them, but there must be some site there that you would like.

But what is wrong with Photobucket? It's free and I have been using it for years with no problems. Upload picture, copy link, paste link in BB post. Done. If you use the .img link, the picture will appear in the message so the reader does not have to click or anything.
          Paul A.

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
            But what is wrong with Photobucket? It's free and I have been using it for years with no problems. Upload picture, copy link, paste link in BB post. Done. If you use the .img link, the picture will appear in the message so the reader does not have to click or anything.
            Visit the sticky post and notice how many Photobucket images have gone missing. That's my big beef about it. That seems to be related to their policy of twisting the screws after you have a good investment of images posted there.

Edit: I just checked and it looks like there might have been some cleanup in that sticky - none of my posts are there, for example. So sorry, bad example. Try this instead: http://www.google.com/search?q=this+...en-US:official
            Last edited by dp; 08-31-2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I have all my pictures hosted on the 100Mb of space that's included in my broadband deal. Opening an ftp page via Windows Explorer makes uploading a drag and drop operation.
              Paul Compton
              www.morini-mania.co.uk
              http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Originally posted by dp
                Visit the sticky post and notice how many Photobucket images have gone missing. That's my big beef about it. That seems to be related to their policy of twisting the screws after you have a good investment of images posted there.
                The only photos that I have had on Photobucket that have gone missing are the ones that I renamed or moved. And I have enough there to make it hard for me to find things on occasion.

There was one movie that they claimed was someone else's property, so its gone. The movie was the mechanical table that I posted a while ago.
                If a photo is gone it might very well be the account owner deleting a photo or changing its name and NOT returning to the bbs to fix the link. To be honest, I have deleted photos that have links here and they will show up as missing. But most of those were just junk photos or screen shots that I dont have a need for anymore.

I have enjoyed Photobucket and would still suggest its use for anyone that asked who didn't have their own server to store the photos on for the board.

rock~
                Last edited by rockrat; 08-31-2010, 09:18 AM.
                Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

I don't know why replies are so long,
                  1) upload to imageshack.us
                  2) copy the code on the right hand side in the box labelled 'forum'

Comment

Another thing to look into is to check if your internet services account includes personal web space. Many do and if so then you already have someplace to host your pictures.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                    X