O/T: Again, but could save you some money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: Again, but could save you some money

Auto parts supplier, relatively new on the internet but from very old established roots. No affiliation with this company whatsoever, but have been so pleased with their customer service that I wanted to recommend them. They have been above and beyond the usual, not to mention great prices.

http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/

That is a truly aggravating website unless you are looking for a specific part for a specific vehicle. There's no way to just browse through the catalog.

But while we're on the topic of saving money, I should pass along that my wife and I recently sat through a six-hour defensive driving class put on by AARP. The class cost us $14 each, but it's less for AARP members. However, our insurance company offers a 10% discount on most policies/coverages to people who complete the course. That worked out to a savings of about 7% off our insurance costs for all three vehicles for three years, or about $300. The fact that we both learned a few things was icing on the cake.
    Last edited by winchman; 08-30-2010, 11:05 PM.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

It isn't when you understand it is not a catalog but rather a parts supplier for a specific vehicle.

It presumes you want parts for a specific car or truck.

It is different but not so different from what i am used to from my normal suppliers.

Comment

Originally posted by winchman
        But while we're on the topic of saving money, I should pass along that my wife and I recently sat through a six-hour defensive driving class put on by AARP. The class cost us $14 each, but it's less for AARP members. However, our insurance company offers a 10% discount on most policies/coverages to people who complete the course. That worked out to a savings of about 7% off our insurance costs for all three vehicles for three years, or about $300. The fact that we both learned a few things was icing on the cake.
        I have thought about that over time and then forgotten it.
        Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I rarely have the need for parts for my vehicles, but I often want to use automotive parts in various projects. I'd like to be able to browse through the selection of solenoids, starters, or whatevers to see if something looks like it would work.

Having to select a specific vehicle before I can see anything at all makes that very difficult. Putting in a specific vehicle and then finding they have no listing for the part I'm interested in adds to the frustration.
          Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Unfortunately, it is impossible to cater to every market or be all things to all people. While they do seem to lean toward commercial, that's the way it is, still a fine company and worth consideration when you need quality parts. They do not sell the so called consumer quality items.

Comment

Thanks for posting Ken, Im not going to make a habit of it as I want to support my local auto parts places but just might use this place occasionally if they seem too out of line and I have to order anyways...

I see nothing wrong with the way the websites set up - very user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                Im not going to make a habit of it as I want to support my local auto parts places but just might use this place occasionally if they seem too out of line and I have to order anyways...
                Support the local business's......what a concept, don't hear much about that any longer although I seem to recall experiencing that in the early 60's and even into the late 80's, dwindling away in the 90's and now it's pretty much a thing of the past. Sure miss those days, I really do.

Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by winchman
                  That is a truly aggravating website unless you are looking for a specific part for a specific vehicle. There's no way to just browse through the catalog.

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
                  Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

I live in a small town - im glad we have 4 different stores here as its handy to have parts same day and don't want them to leave --- I deal mostly with one store as its a Mom and Pops and they do give me discounts - I really like the owners and have dropped off some exotic beer from time to time, My way of telling them im glad their around,

I looked up some prices on your site on a honda civic that im very familiar with and they are very very good, very tempting but I will use sparingly and only in situations that warrant it.

Still - always great to have another source so thanxz...

Comment

I live in a one horse town and made the mistake of telling the locals I wanted to keep my money local. Ever since then I have wondered if I'm paying extra because I opened my mouth. Support your local economy by buying local but suggest you don't go mouthing off about it like I did
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Well,

My wife is a store mananger for a major retail autoparts store... I just looked up brake pads for the wifes car and they were either cheaper than her discount, or close to the price (plus her store does not carry Bendix, which she wants)....

Her question was warrenty, ease of returns etc... Got any experiance on that?

Comment

No warranty issues as yet so can't speak to that, things like core returns are issued a UPS pick up tag at their expense.
                          You can email them and ask how warranty issues are handled, they have always answered very promptly.
                          They also have on-line live help.

[email protected]

I've found nothing like them, local or otherwise.
                          None of that store-wide scam where all prices end in .99¢ either, my local Napa store, even though a commercial account, find that most items end in .49¢ or .99¢

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                            I live in a one horse town and made the mistake of telling the locals I wanted to keep my money local. Ever since then I have wondered if I'm paying extra because I opened my mouth. Support your local economy by buying local but suggest you don't go mouthing off about it like I did
                            HA-HA, does make you wonder doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                            X