Where to get pulley for metric shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get pulley for metric shaft?

I've got a GE air compressor motor that came with a broken die-cast zinc V-belt pulley on it. The motor shaft is OK, and I've cleaned it up and removed a few burrs. The diameter is 0.672-0.674", which is pretty close to 17mm (0.670"). The OD of the pulley is about 5 inches, and it's got a single 1/2" V belt groove.

Where can I find a similar pulley with a metric bore? McMaster-Carr and MSC don't have any listed. The motor shaft has a flat for a set screw, so I don't need a keyway.

Should I just give up, buy one with a 5/8" bore, and bore it out?
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Originally posted by winchman
    Should I just give up, buy one with a 5/8" bore, and bore it out?

Sounds easiest and best to me.
    Andy

Comment

I would just bore out a 5/8" pulley. Don't think you will find one with a 17mm bore.

You may have a proprietary motor as IEC or metric frame motors do not come with 17mm shaft sizes that I'm aware of at least.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

Forget to ask, is there an id plate on the motor signifying as to what it's pedigree is?
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

Reid Supply can supply a pulley bored to suit your needs. Fill out the quotation form and get a price.

http://www.reidsupply.com/

RWO

Comment

The GE motor model number is 5KCR49SN2018X. I couldn't find any info about it. The shaft is about 3/4" long.
            Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Red Jacket used to machine the end of the motor shaft running the motor. You could turn the shaft to 5/8 using that technique.
              Byron Boucher
              Burnet, TX

Comment

Working...
              X