Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolguy
    replied
    Tap Magic for Aluminum does not work on ferrous metals. It is only for non ferrous. Tap Magic (for everything but aluminum) would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• macona
    replied
    Originally posted by derekm
    what is the current vicosity (ISO) of the oil. Try to dilute it with something not too widely differente.g. if it ISO100 dliute it with ISO32.
    Its pretty heavy. Something like 90wt gear I would say.

Leave a comment:

• Carld
    replied
    Use kerosene

Leave a comment:

• derekm
    replied
    Originally posted by macona
    I want to thin down the cutting oil I am using in my lathe. Its just the generic sulfur based cutting oil and its a touch thick for my pump. I was thinking something like kerosene?
    what is the current vicosity (ISO) of the oil. Try to dilute it with something not too widely differente.g. if it ISO100 dliute it with ISO32.

Leave a comment:

• macona
    replied
    Well, my sump holds about 2 gallons so that might get expensive fast!

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    That will probably work. Also one of the tapping fluids--Like Tap Magic for aluminum. It's water thin and shouldn't change the characteristics of the cutting oil too much. Probably give it a better smell too.

Leave a comment:

• macona
    started a topic Thinning down cutting oil

Thinning down cutting oil

I want to thin down the cutting oil I am using in my lathe. Its just the generic sulfur based cutting oil and its a touch thick for my pump. I was thinking something like kerosene?
Working...
X