Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alanganes
    replied
    Hmmmm, that is not "shape-shifting" by an chance, is it?

Excuse me while I duck and run....

Leave a comment:

• Gravy
    replied
    aaahh... the light dawns

You're into EV's

You buy & ride Gilera and Morini.

You take a contrarian approach to injuries.

It all makes sense now.

You're a masochist! It's all about the pain!

(JK )

Leave a comment:

• EVguru
    replied
    The interest in that dual purpose form factor is growing around here. There is a logic in the basic design that will let it do many things well. The fact that it is not totally singular in its purpose is appealing.
    It's hardly a new concept, the Gilera XRT600 is from 1988!

I half bought it just for the engine. Much as I like my Gilera CX, the 30hp 125cc two stroke can be hard work at times and the the thought of putting in a 47hp four stroke in one is appealing. On the other hand that back lane can be tricky on my usual cafe' racer style machine (Morini 3 1/2 Sport) and the XRT should lengthen my riding season. I've been asked a few times at shows why I'm so confident riding on damp grass. It's nothing compared to that access road, where the grass is over a foot high in places and there are deep ruts.

I've dropped the Morini back there when I ran the front wheel over a discarded snack packet (wet) without damage to myself or machine, and I dropped the CX on barely de-frosted mud, badly spraining my ankle and damaging the bodywork.

P.S. Tip for sprained ankles.

The usual treatment for a sprained ankle is an ice pack and strapping. I used a hot water soak and no strapping. Whilst it was utter agony for about two days, I could walk on it by the third and was nearly pain free by the fifth day. The logic goes like this; an ice pack and strapping controls the swelling, but reduces the blood flow, so the toxins from all the dying tissue hang around causing further damage and delayin the healing.

Leave a comment:

• RobbieKnobbie
    replied
    That's a nice looking machine there. You ever going to get it dirty?

I've had a couple dual-purpose bikes over the years, and even though they don't do any one thing particularly well, they are definitely the MOST fun on two wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Toolguy
    replied
    What brand is that? I can't quite tell what it says on the front above the headlights. I really like the big single 4 strokes. On second look, that one is probably a 2 cylinder.

Leave a comment:

• topct
    replied
    The interest in that dual purpose form factor is growing around here. There is a logic in the basic design that will let it do many things well. The fact that it is not totally singular in its purpose is appealing.

Leave a comment:

• Black_Moons
    replied
    Nice looking. Love the bright handguards and lots of 'body'
    has sorta a 'really small car' feel to it.

Leave a comment:

• EVguru
    started a topic When I'm not buying machine tools...

When I'm not buying machine tools...

I'm buying motorcyles.

This is the latest to come home;

Working...
X