Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing nasty oil-and-crud buildup around hydraulic equipment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liger Zero
    Actually this isn't my shop in the picture. I purchased a press from them and rigged it out myself.

Other shops I worked in, had messes like this. To me a handful 50 cent o-ring and two hours of down a week of R&M is money well spent....

Rather do that than have an yearly line-item in the budget for floor-dry.

In my mind there is no excuse for these kind of leaks, taped over switches and operational features that no one uses because they are too stupid to read the manual. If you are going to invest $50,000 into a new machine... $150 bucks worth of grease, electrical work and o-rings a year go a long way to keeping your investment operational.

And it is why OSHA has a reason to exist....

TMT

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
      And it is why OSHA has a reason to exist....

TMT
      Careful there TMT, you'll be accused of being "political".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan

Plenty of muck on the floor to rake and plenty of mud to sling if it comes down to it.
        This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
        Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
        Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Originally posted by Liger Zero
          Plenty of muck on the floor to rake and plenty of mud to sling if it comes down to it.
          Glad someone around here has a sense of humor.

Comment

Glad someone around here has a sense of humor.
            There are times when ya'll take things too seriously on here.

But then again the same thing happens at the counter at my favorite diner.
            This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
            Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
            Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

One way to deal with oil stains on the floor is to prestain the floor with oil.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

LOL..I have that effect on some people.

If I said the sky is blue and there are fish in the sea, there are those who would disagree. (if you have been watching the news you will get the real joke here. ;<))

Talking about cleaning up oily floors, here is a real test for the method...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sci_gu...ea_floor/print

TMT

Comment

Working...
                X