"For Sale"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "For Sale"

I see these are not allowed here. Is there a forum for that kind of stuff? Somewhere other than Ebay to find and get rid of older equipment?

practical machinist
    --
    Tom C
    ... nice weather eh?

Comment

Craigslist

rock~
      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

+1 for craigslist if you live near a larger metropolitan area. You don't say in your posts where you are from.

I have bought and sold LOTS of tools and equipment on craigslist, (mostly bought) but I have several fairly large cities within a reasonable drive.

It's worth a try. After all, it is free. What have you got to lose.

Brian
        OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Practical Machinist has a whole forum for that. And it is free.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...y-sale-wanted/
          Paul A.

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

I registered on Practical Machinist as JEP but could never post. I was interested in the for sale section too. I searched for some email that I might have missed that would require my response but could not find one. The web site recognises who I am when I go there. So I emailed Practical Machinist (I think it was [email protected] ) explaining my problem but received no response.

So I registered again as jep24601 with a different email address and watched closely for a confirmatory email to respond to but nothing appeared.

Would some kind soul kindly post my quandary over on the PM site to see if something can be resolved.

Many thanks John Page
            "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Originally posted by jep24601
              I registered on Practical Machinist as JEP but could never post. I was interested in the for sale section too. I searched for some email that I might have missed that would require my response but could not find one. The web site recognises who I am when I go there. So I emailed Practical Machinist (I think it was [email protected] ) explaining my problem but received no response.

So I registered again as jep24601 with a different email address and watched closely for a confirmatory email to respond to but nothing appeared.

Would some kind soul kindly post my quandary over on the PM site to see if something can be resolved.

Many thanks John Page
              +1 (me too)

Comment

Most of the people selling on PM are buying the stuff on eBay and reselling it on PM.

Comment

Squirrel

How did you come by this bit of knowledge ?

Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Hal
                    Squirrel

How did you come by this bit of knowledge ?
                    likewise, why do you think this - examples?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                      Most of the people selling on PM are buying the stuff on eBay and reselling it on PM.
                      BS. If you don't like the prices don't buy. What a crock.

Comment

In the UK we have, managed I think by Sir John's son:

www.homeworkshop.org.uk

which I've bought and sold a few bits and pieces on, always with satisactory results. I always have a nose every couple of days to see if anything interesting is on.

Tony Griffiths site, www.lathes.co.uk has a for sale and wanted section also.

Comment

You might want to note The Don of PM uses Ebay to sell his junk...not his PM sales section.

TMT

Comment

I have heard Don mention in the past that he just deletes a lot of the nonsensical log in names, as a large part of them are spammers. If you don't want to use your real name, then at least use one that sounds real, also post a location, does not have to be specific, just a state will do. You will have a lot better chance of being accepted.
                            James

Comment

Spamming seems to becoming more of a problem at PM so it might be your name. I have had a few emails on their that were just that.
                              I don't see how you could think they buy on ebay and sell on PM, the prices on PM are usually way cheaper than ebay will ever be. I have wanted a few things but the postage is the killer.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X