Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest idea, but it has already been proposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPM...ejunction.com/

Comment

dont even think a hummer will survive a 60mph smash with a rig....... not that you want to find out .... or do we up the anti .... nothing on the road will take a hit from a freight train......& you just might be on that crossing at teh wrong time not really any different ot the situation in europe with rigs... 60tons doing high speed will ruin your whole week

there are always "exceptions" and "special interest groups".... which is why the world is as screwed up as it is...the presidents new motor... a strech toyota prius

some will pay the increase for a while...... when do you want to stop? $50k a year just to own anything over 2000cc? $50 a gal?..... (genuine commercial use exempt of course) its coming to you all anyway if the enviroidiots get any more power.

small cars do nothing for congestion, it's numbers not size that causes the problems, and the mentality of people behnd the wheel, who have to go in their car rather than share or take the bus that stops at the bottom of their street.

Comment

Little cars let you steer outta the way of the delivery truck, or stop short of it, avoiding injury.
        I've been in two wrecks. Each time it happened before I knew it.

dont even think a hummer will survive a 60mph smash with a rig
        Maybe, but the teeny car won't survive a crash with the Hummer.

The simple fact is, with our roads having vehicles of extremely different masses, being in a small car is more dangerous than being in a larger car. On the bright side, the teeny cars will still be able to intimidate the motor cyclists...

Now, if they allowed small cars in a special lane (or required non-small cars to stay in the right lane yadda) then much of the danger would be mitigated.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of being able to choose a small car. At some point, however, a go-cart may not be a good idea.
        Last edited by Tony Ennis; 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADGO_Racing
          Big deal, that is why I am in business. Taxes go up the customer pays them for me. I will still only have trucks and SUV's.

And a fleet of them will be hauling race cars to all the tracks every weekend. Because they will find the money to do it.
          Actually they won't.

NASCAR was hit hard when gas prices were high...their fan base drives the most miles to an event of any sport.

What this country needs is $10/gal gas...then we will get serious about curing our addiction to foreign oil.

And a small car can be engineered to just as safe as a large car...they just have to do it.

TMT

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ennis
            I've been in two wrecks. Each time it happened before I knew it.

Maybe, but the teeny car won't survive a crash with the Hummer.

The simple fact is, with our roads having vehicles of extremely different masses, being in a small car is more dangerous than being in a larger car. On the bright side, the teeny cars will still be able to intimidate the motor cyclists...

Now, if they allowed small cars in a special lane (or required non-small cars to stay in the right lane yadda) then much of the danger would be mitigated.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of being able to choose a small car. At some point, however, a go-cart may not be a good idea.
            A small car can be engineered to be as safe if not safer than a larger vehicle.

They just have to do it.

Car safety was a non issue until consumers started voting with their dollars..then it became a primary factor for companies to design to.

TMT

TMT

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Scientist
              Interest idea, but it has already been proposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPM...ejunction.com/
              I see Brent Myers driving around the NAMES show in Toledo in a couple of scenes in that video.
              Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
                Little cars let you steer outta the way of the delivery truck, or stop short of it, avoiding injury.
                Not all the time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJic8...eature=related

Comment

With 5000 lb’s an 400 cu.in. engine fuel injected, with roller cam and lifters and header exhaust system you don’t swerve for small cars you just treat them as minor speed bumps in the road.
                  Although you might want to toss one in the trunk to have something to drive around inside the local mall.

Comment

Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
                    Actually they won't.

NASCAR was hit hard when gas prices were high...their fan base drives the most miles to an event of any sport.

TMT
                    Actually, you are wrong. NASCAR could care less if there is ANYONE in the stands. Their money is made on the TV deal. 76M viewers at home. 200,000 in the stands is nothing.

As for gas prices for the cars....Get real, EVERY pit stop they put $2,500.00 of tires on the car. If Sunoco didn't give the fuel to the teams, five or six stops at 20 gallons of $12.00 -15.00 gas each, at that time is a drop in the bucket. Just like the $8.50/gallon we pay at the track each week now.

Then again, it is a business, the advertisers on the side of the car and hauler, are paying the bills. So once again, under the tax it out of existence scenario, I would still have a truck!

Comment

Originally posted by SDL
                      You guys will love these

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11301831

Steve Larner
                      He's gone off his rocker,Ez-go has him beat in both styling and performance

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Is that on the Congressional Motors "APPROVED" list???

Comment

And a fleet of them will be hauling race cars to all the tracks
                          every weekend. Because they will find the money to do it.
                          Weren't around in the mid-70's, were you?

Comment

Actually, you are wrong. NASCAR could care less if there is ANYONE in the stands. Their money is made on the TV deal. 76M viewers at home. 200,000 in the stands is nothing.
                            Check your #'s, there may be a "claimed" 75 million fans, but most races are pulling in 4-8 million viewers(3.6 million this last weekend). 17 million this year for the Daytona 500. and dropping yearly.

I want STOCK cars that I can identify.

TMT
                            Gas may have had something to do with it, but I stopped going because it just wasn't any fun anymore. Limiting the beers I can bring into the stands (sodas also). Cops in the stands telling me to sit down and put my shirt on. "families" showing up with crying annoying little kids. Hotel prices going through the roof, less on track time.

Gas prices do not explain why people are watching less on TV where they don't have to pay to go anywhere and its FREE. Its the product, its pretty crummy. Same little whiny twerps whining about he was RACED too hard in a race. They are making millions a year, they have no reason to actually race. Drive around in circles and mention the sponsors and then whine about racing too hard.

Comment

As for gas prices for the cars....Get real, EVERY pit stop they put $2,500.00 of tires on the car. If Sunoco didn't give the fuel to the teams, five or six stops at 20 gallons of $12.00 -15.00 gas each, at that time is a drop in the bucket. Just like the $8.50/gallon we pay at the track each week now.

Then again, it is a business, the advertisers on the side of the car and hauler, are paying the bills. So once again, under the tax it out of existence scenario, I would still have a truck!
                              Want to try to explain why NASCAR is having financial problems then?

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...118_956884.htm

The gas prices I was talking about was for the fans getting to the track...and it does matter to attendance numbers.

TMT

Comment

I bought one of these in 1965 for $395. It holds four people, has a two cylinder engine, and gets pretty decent mileage. No way I'd drive one today but at the time I was commuting from Long Beach, CA to Whittier, working two jobs and going to school. Then, it was practical.

http://cumberlandpost.blogspot.com/2...mabile-my.html

Comment

Working...
                                X