• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lew Hartswick
    Won't happen untill the jerks at the NTSB or who ever is responsible
    for all the half a$$ed "safety" requiremnts for every thing on the
    public roads. :-(
    ...lew...

You apparently have not had a family member severely injured or killed in a car accident.

Your opinion will change if it happens in the future...those half a$$ed "safety" requirements are there for a very good reason.

The public has shown by voting with its wallet that safety is a primary concern for them.

Would you care to tell us what safety requirement(s) you consider to be unnecessary?

TMT

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by SDL
    Most likely to happen when a lot of countries refuse to sell Oil to the US.

Could be a rapid conversion to high MPG cars.

Steve Larner

I expect a sudden "correction".

As we have seen a couple of years ago with SUVs when gas edged higher, vehicles with low MPG can't be given away when it happens.

The refusal could easily be wanting to be paid in something other than the American dollar...which we have also seen a push for.

It is just a matter of time...

TMT

Leave a comment:

• Rustybolt
    replied
    Has it been on "Top Gear" yet?

I'm n0t looking at anything until the 'boys' have had a go at it.

Leave a comment:

• Lew Hartswick
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL

Steve Larner
    Won't happen untill the jerks at the NTSB or who ever is responsible
    for all the half a$$ed "safety" requiremnts for every thing on the
    public roads. :-(
    ...lew...

Leave a comment:

• SDL
    replied
    Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools

What this country needs is $10/gal gas...then we will get serious about curing our addiction to foreign oil.

TMT

Steve Larner

Leave a comment:

• dp
    replied
    I bought one of these in 1965 for $395. It holds four people, has a two cylinder engine, and gets pretty decent mileage. No way I'd drive one today but at the time I was commuting from Long Beach, CA to Whittier, working two jobs and going to school. Then, it was practical.

http://cumberlandpost.blogspot.com/2...mabile-my.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ADGO_Racing
    Actually, you are wrong. NASCAR could care less if there is ANYONE in the stands. Their money is made on the TV deal. 76M viewers at home. 200,000 in the stands is nothing.

As for gas prices for the cars....Get real, EVERY pit stop they put $2,500.00 of tires on the car. If Sunoco didn't give the fuel to the teams, five or six stops at 20 gallons of $12.00 -15.00 gas each, at that time is a drop in the bucket. Just like the $8.50/gallon we pay at the track each week now.

Then again, it is a business, the advertisers on the side of the car and hauler, are paying the bills. So once again, under the tax it out of existence scenario, I would still have a truck!
    Want to try to explain why NASCAR is having financial problems then?

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...118_956884.htm

The gas prices I was talking about was for the fans getting to the track...and it does matter to attendance numbers.

TMT

Leave a comment:

• bobw53
    replied
    Actually, you are wrong. NASCAR could care less if there is ANYONE in the stands. Their money is made on the TV deal. 76M viewers at home. 200,000 in the stands is nothing.
    Check your #'s, there may be a "claimed" 75 million fans, but most races are pulling in 4-8 million viewers(3.6 million this last weekend). 17 million this year for the Daytona 500. and dropping yearly.

I want STOCK cars that I can identify.

TMT
    NASCAR was hit hard when gas prices were high...their fan base drives the most miles to an event of any sport.
    Gas may have had something to do with it, but I stopped going because it just wasn't any fun anymore. Limiting the beers I can bring into the stands (sodas also). Cops in the stands telling me to sit down and put my shirt on. "families" showing up with crying annoying little kids. Hotel prices going through the roof, less on track time.

Gas prices do not explain why people are watching less on TV where they don't have to pay to go anywhere and its FREE. Its the product, its pretty crummy. Same little whiny twerps whining about he was RACED too hard in a race. They are making millions a year, they have no reason to actually race. Drive around in circles and mention the sponsors and then whine about racing too hard.

Leave a comment:

• EddyCurr
    replied
    And a fleet of them will be hauling race cars to all the tracks
    every weekend. Because they will find the money to do it.
    Weren't around in the mid-70's, were you?

Leave a comment:

• ADGO_Racing
    replied
    Is that on the Congressional Motors "APPROVED" list???

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by SDL
    You guys will love these

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11301831

Steve Larner
    He's gone off his rocker,Ez-go has him beat in both styling and performance

Leave a comment:

• ADGO_Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Too_Many_Tools
    Actually they won't.

NASCAR was hit hard when gas prices were high...their fan base drives the most miles to an event of any sport.

TMT

As for gas prices for the cars....Get real, EVERY pit stop they put $2,500.00 of tires on the car. If Sunoco didn't give the fuel to the teams, five or six stops at 20 gallons of $12.00 -15.00 gas each, at that time is a drop in the bucket. Just like the $8.50/gallon we pay at the track each week now.

Then again, it is a business, the advertisers on the side of the car and hauler, are paying the bills. So once again, under the tax it out of existence scenario, I would still have a truck!

Leave a comment:

• Mad Scientist
    replied
    With 5000 lb’s an 400 cu.in. engine fuel injected, with roller cam and lifters and header exhaust system you don’t swerve for small cars you just treat them as minor speed bumps in the road.
    Although you might want to toss one in the trunk to have something to drive around inside the local mall.

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_Moons
    Little cars let you steer outta the way of the delivery truck, or stop short of it, avoiding injury.
    Not all the time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJic8...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• JCHannum
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Scientist
    Interest idea, but it has already been proposed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPM...ejunction.com/
    I see Brent Myers driving around the NAMES show in Toledo in a couple of scenes in that video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X