tool post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool post

I was wondering if there is any problems with the Phase II quick change tool post, piston type? It's for a 9" south bend. Thanks.

oldmx - Don't know about the piston type, but I'm using a phase II wedge type on a SB 10 and liking it a lot. It's the only QC tool post I've used, so nothing to compare to, but I like it.

Comment

I have a piston type, works great.

Comment

Phase II piston-works well. Mike

Comment

I like my piston type also. The only probllem is the chips get in behind the piston and makes the piston hard to retract. Clean off the piston and every thing good once more.
          Charlie
          Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
          http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Use the piston type on my old Atlas 10". Works great. Like Charlie says, you got to keep it clean.

Comment

I made a little cover for the unused tool post register. I used some dead soft aluminum flashing, and made a tight form fit while it was in place. It works great and keeps me from (pretty much ever) having to clean the tool post.

Comment

Masking or pakageing tape works for me.

Comment

I bought the wedge type from Bills Tool crib online. A little cheaper than the Phase two and I do prefer wedge to piston although both are good.

Comment

Working...
                  X