No announcement yet.

Dr McMaster-Love, or How I learned to stop complaining and love their service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr McMaster-Love, or How I learned to stop complaining and love their service

So I order a few parts for my mill early Monday morning. A belt, some bearings, that sort of thing. Prices were as good as anywhere else, but I was more interested in the turn around.

Their web site says the package was delivered Monday afternoon, but when I get home... nothing.

I give them a day... then Wednesday I send them an email. They respond that the package was delivered monday and even sent me a .pdf of the signature. Problem is... that's someone else's writing. I respond that it looks like they delivered to the wrong house and within minutes I get an email saying that they are sending out a replacement package THAT DAY.

No hassle, no questions, they just shipped it.

So you can complain about McMaster all you want, they've done pretty good by me. (no affiliation, of course)

I've never had a gripe with McMaster.
    They're my faviorite supplier for doo-dads and widgets.
    I live in South Texas, and I always get my package within 3 or 4 days.
    Sorry, but I just don't understand the McMaster complainers.

Comment

McMaster's service RULES!
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
        I live in South Texas, and I always get my package within 3 or 4 days.
        Sorry, but I just don't understand the McMaster complainers.
        I live in NW Washington, and if I place an order before 11am, it arrives the next day. I don't know how they pull that off but I like it.

ME

Comment

Well, OK, they were awesome when they were there for me but they cut me loose.
          They won't ship to Canada and I miss them terribly.
          KBC Tools is VERY good but they don't have the range of McMaster Carr.
          Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

McMaster

I've used Mc Master Carr for over 25 yrs at work and at home , and have never been disappointed in their handling of the seldom encountered problems. I get one day service and can find almost anything I need. Their prices are not unreasonable, considering the variety of quality products offered, and they never rip you off on shipping.

Comment

High marks for MMC. Say b+...A-. Got a package from them today, was supposed to be yesterday. But wait... two pcs bronze, 1ft each, 1-1/4x3/4 oversize (cored) and 3/4 solid (round) oversize, for $5.50 shipping& handling.

Of course, the material cost almost $70.00, but the freight was a pleasant surprise.
              gvasale

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieKnobbie
                So I order a few parts for my mill early Monday morning. A belt, some bearings, that sort of thing. Prices were as good as anywhere else, but I was more interested in the turn around.

Their web site says the package was delivered Monday afternoon, but when I get home... nothing.

I give them a day... then Wednesday I send them an email. They respond that the package was delivered monday and even sent me a .pdf of the signature. Problem is... that's someone else's writing. I respond that it looks like they delivered to the wrong house and within minutes I get an email saying that they are sending out a replacement package THAT DAY.

No hassle, no questions, they just shipped it.

So you can complain about McMaster all you want, they've done pretty good by me. (no affiliation, of course)
                That's exactly the kind of service I've learned to expect from McMaster.

" I get an email saying that they are sending out a replacement package THAT DAY"

I'd bet it went out within 20 minutes. I've tried to change orders a couple of times within that time period. Too late - already shipped.

As I understand it, McMaster is privately owned. No shareholders to please by cutting costs, so they can concentrate on delighting the customer.

Works for me. Seems to be working for them, too.

Comment

They are really good. And their Web site is the best one I've ever seen for this kind of merchandise.
                  Mike
                  WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by MotorradMike
                    Well, OK, they were awesome when they were there for
                    me but they cut me loose. They won't ship to Canada
                    and I miss them terribly.
                    Likewise.

Comment

The title of the thread cought my eye...not because I've ever had a bad experience with Mcmaster Carr....in fact....they are outstanding and my number 1 go to vendor.

What caught my eye was that I thought I'd see the first ever complaint I'd seen here or in any forum. I've just never seen a single complaint about their service that I would attibute to them.

I "HOPE" they stay in business. Can't say enough good about them.

Comment

There was a thread a few months ago where a bunch of people were pretty angry with McM. It started with someone who was mad they wouldn't ship to our northern neighbors, and then a few more guys chimed with other issues.

I think when you have an unusually positive experience you should let others know just as if you had an unusually bad one.

Comment

Yeah Mcmaster is top notch in my book.

Nothing but outstanding service. I have even received my orders the very same day a couple of times.

Steve

Comment

Trade

Originally posted by RobbieKnobbie
                            There was a thread a few months ago where a bunch of people were pretty angry with McM. It started with someone who was mad they wouldn't ship to our northern neighbors, and then a few more guys chimed with other issues.

I think when you have an unusually positive experience you should let others know just as if you had an unusually bad one.
                            Some outside the USA were disappointed that Mc-M C no longer ships outside the USA.

It turned out that if was not their fault as the US Homeland and other US government departments and agencies had made it too hard (paper-work, regulations, time, Customs, costs etc.) that it was too much hassle.

I am in OZ and I could understand that.

I wonder if this sort of impediment to business and trade/manufacturing will affect any hope of the USA improving its economy by exporting.

Most/many other currencies have appreciated markedly against the US$ and so it would be a good time to buy US products and merchandise.

But McMaster-Carr aside, I am having no problems getting stuff from the USA from CDCOMachinery.com and LittleMachineShop.com and a few others.

Comment

+1 for MK. Great website.
                              Dan from Raleigh, NC

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.
                              "What is your host's purpose for the party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi." P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                              X