Where was John Stevenson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was John Stevenson?

Pic of two Antique M/C Cannonball riders on Santa Monica pier. They had just finished a 3,000 mile, 16 day ride from North Carolina. Excelsior, Sears, Harley, Pope, Indian, Miliataire, etc. The gal in the pic is from Germany, riding a 1914 J.A.P., and winner of her single speed, belt driven, single cylinder class.

Something to tell her grandkids about.

--G

Originally posted by Guido
    Something to tell her grandkids about.
    Do you mean she left Germany on the bike in 1914 and has just arrived to Santa Monica?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
      Do you mean she left Germany on the bike in 1914 and has just arrived to Santa Monica?
      I had a bike like that once

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thanks Slur John, you resisted the urge to say " I didn't know a Harley could hold enough oil to dribble it from North Carolina to the Santa Monica pier".
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
          Thanks Slur John, you resisted the urge to say " I didn't know a Harley could hold enough oil to dribble it from North Carolina to the Santa Monica pier".
          Only because I knew it couldn't
          hey i like the Slur John, can i use this ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Is that a real wool sweater that guy is wearing? ------------ WOW...!

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm --- It's just that Tinker Juarez covered the same distance on a bicycle (3,000 miles in the "ride across america" ) and he did it 5 or 6 days ahead of the people on the motorscooters (10 days 22 hours 21min.)
            and at something like 45 years old,,, do the math - its incredible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_Juarez

All power came from Tink - and not one drop of fossil fuel was burned...
            Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 10-02-2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I had a girlfriend like that for two weeks once, It was such a cold winter &she wore so many clothes i never got to know what she looked like ! And i got bored &ditched her
              Dan.

Comment

Dan are you talking about my sister again or big effin,Awfy'effie Macglumpit. Alistair
                Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Where did the famous meatloaf go?
                  mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

Originally posted by Mcostello
                    Where did the famous meatloaf go?
                    Gaskets for Harleys............

Comment

Alistair,
                      I think from memory it was Mercedes McLumpher from Easterhouse (Charming housing scheme where the German Shepherd dogs went about in groups of 4 for protection!)
                      Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                        Only because I knew it couldn't
                        hey i like the Slur John, can i use this ?
                        Withdraw that meatloaf crack and you can consider it yours. Wear it proudly and do no dishonor to it. It's a moniker reserved for only the proudest of English pub goers.
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Slur John drinking/party buds----------

More hijinks------

Comment

You can see she is impressed by the bicycle pedals.
                            Bill

Comment

Watch your mouth, that's some class bird.

You can tell because she doesn't have a tramp stamp on her lower back.

Comment

Working...
                              X