X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Killer deal

or maybe a crap-shoot?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tls/2038305836.html

HF returns, so you know the quality is there.

ME

Comment

$1000 a pallet sounds a bit high to me. I doubt that $500 would be all that fair.
      Even if RETAIL is $3000 then used/returned is only worth half that and defective less than half again.
      "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

That is all return stuff. The stuff all has something wrong with it.

I bought 1 pallet of air compressors. It took me about 10 hours work to fix them myself finally sold them after 2 months of trying. I paid $41 sold them all for $145. I make $104 for 10 hours work. Its not worth it.

Comment

That is like going dumpster-diving behind a Chinese restaurant.

Comment

Run away as fast as you can.

Comment

If the stuff really represents such good profit potential, then why doesn't the current owner grab those profits?
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by sansbury
                LOL! Perfect analogy
                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by sansbury
                  awh, c'mon. That can be fun if you've had your shots.
                  ----
                  Proud machining permanoob since September 2010

Comment

Originally posted by madwilliamflint
                    awh, c'mon. That can be fun if you've had your shots.
                    Which I did back in '96 when I was heading off for a semester in Beijing. Yellow fever, dengue, cholera, gamma globulin, and hepatitis A & B if I recall... Let me tell you, if you want to see *real* recycling, go to the third world.

Every morning there were these guys on bicycles with a couple of 5 gal buckets slung over the side who'd go through the dirty dish water and grease traps with wire baskets scooping out all the larger bits. These were probably used for pig or chicken feed but our joke was that's what the local liquor, this 120-proof rocket fuel called Er Guo Tou, was distilled from. It was around 20 yuan ($2.25 ish) for a 20oz bottle with a flip cap that tasted like Drano. The local Yanjing Beer however was quite tasty, a nice crisp light lager with a little hops bite, supposedly imported from Canada. The northern Chinese are mostly hardy farm boys and girls and know decent beer and how to drink it.

Meanwhile, at one of the student cafeterias, a meal of la mian (spicy noodles aka lo mein) was 25 cents, deposited in your container, or 50 cents if you got a styrofoam clamshell box from them. That really gave you a sense of perspective. And this was in Beijing, which meant it was in the top 10% of wealth or thereabouts.

Comment

Harbor Freight customer returns?
                      WOW!!
                      That stuff would make good back-fill.

Comment

Killer deal? Looks like an anal reaming with a barbed wire dildo to me.
                        James Kilroy

Comment

Stuff that not even Harbor Freight wants?

In fairness, I have one of their 4x6 bandsaws and it has served me well, but I think I'd pass on this...
                          "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by jkilroy
                            Killer deal? Looks like an anal reaming with a barbed wire dildo to me.
                            I'd be offended by that if it weren't so funny

Comment

Killer Deal

I suspect that a lot of "permanent shade tree flea markets" pick up pallets of this stuff and resell what they can. I bought an 8" H/V rotaray table with index plates from one of these "establishments." It evidently was ex-Harbor Freight and had a bent locking handle. Harbor Freight does not sell in Canada.
                              The table was $200.00, which is a great price and since I, like many others here, consider a lot of import tools to be "projects in progress," I spent the couple of hours to repair it. The seller, by the way, had absolutely NO IDEA what it was!
                              I bought a 4x6 bandsaw from him, again for $200.00, and again an ex-Harbor Freight unit. The motor was a POS so I changed it for one that I had. With a few other tweaks it works just fine. Does ANYTHING from HF work-right out of the box?
                              Busy Bee, our Grizzly relative, figures a super discount to $370.00 for the same saw is a killer deal, while a table that size NEVER is on sale.
                              Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Working...
                              X