u joint book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u joint book

I am having difficulty finding a replacement u joint, namely because it was a custom piece and now I have to redesign it.

Do U Joint manufacturers not have books available, much like bearing manufacturers do? Why can't I seem to find a book that has standard u joints, their cap diameters, and basic dimensions in them so that I can replace a non-standard part?

Anybody know a source of such a thing?

(I don't have the u joint available to give measurements or I would, it is currently buried inside a lawn tractor. I just remember the difficulty last time I had to replace one of these joints)

Give Spicer's literature collection a try.

http://www.spicerparts.com/driveshaft/literature.asp
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

exactly what i wanted!

THANKS!!!

Comment

as a heavy duty truck mechanic I have a little ruler that was given to me by a spicer distributor that has a lip on one end and the graduations are the measurement across the cups. and each size is marked on the rule right from passenger car to the big rigs.

Comment

Tractor Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts utilize a wide variety of u-joints and they are generally listed by size. I have seen a chart in a NAPA store that listed them by size.
          Don Young

Comment

Working...
          X