Exhaust for a small motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for a small motor

I have a 6HP Kohler on a leaf vac and the way it sits the exhaust comes right at me. Can I make a little exhaust pipe for it out of tubing and solder it on? Will the extra length cause any problems?

Thanks,
    Rich

Unless you are planning to race the leaf blower.....NO a little extra exhaust pipe will not hurt anything. Even if you were going to race it it may help, but doubtful.

Comment

Yeah. not a problem redirecting the exhaust, but you'll have to weld or at least braze it as conventional solder will not withstand the heat.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

The K91(4hp Kohler) on my vac system uses a piece of rectangular tube bolted over the exhaust port with 2 holes drilled at the opposite end.

Comment

You know, a better question might be to ask who the DA was that designed such a stupid arrangement.

I riveted a piece of sheet metal on my blower exhaust, but I was not getting gassed, I was getting burned. It's a kind of shroud that doesn't get nearly as hot as the muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by garagemark
            You know, a better question might be to ask who the DA was that designed such a stupid arrangement.
            The one who did not have to take any hands on labs in engineering school.

Comment

On mine the "muffler" is that way because the blower housing is in the way.

Comment

Working...
              X