Micrometer Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micrometer Stands

I ahve seen the basic micrometer standsw in the catelogs, do any one have the plans for a really slick one? Even photos would help.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry

WHATSAMATTAFOYOUANYWAY?!!

You should be showing us the slick one you design - seeing how you have an eye for form and function and all! We is not worthy...

It should have a heavy base, adjustable clamp to hold mic at different angles and posistions. Sometimes it is nice to have a stage to rest an item on so it can be measured - important with small delicate/heat sensitive items. SO figure it out and surprise us - I believe in you.

Comment

I've been a machinist most all my life and worked all phases of dimensional inspection for about 6 years and never had a need for a mike stand.

But a nice cast iron adjustable mike stand with a black crackle finish and pretty knurled adjustment knobs is a handsome addition for a shelf in the inspection area. Kinda like a cookie jar shaped like a rabbit or a cabin in a logging camp cook shack.

Damn new fangled sissified fripperies. Oughta be a law.

Comment

What in hell, is a cookie jar???

I use clean shop towel laid on the granite plate to hold my mics I am using or the tool caddie beside the lathe or the main toolbox. Never thought of a mic stand but seeing how I am all thumbs now it might not be a bad idea. Thanks Forrest!

Comment

Here's one:

Looks like one more reason to get busy with the ball turning toys.

Roger
          Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Something like this would work well and cheap, has a vacuum clamp to mount most anywhere with a smooth surface. Found this in Penn State Ind. catalog.

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0...-VACVISE-T.jpg

------------------
            Paul G.

[This message has been edited by Paul Gauthier (edited 12-13-2003).]
            Paul G.

Comment

Working...
            X