Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing old drill press

Bought at a farm auction.

After cleaning and painting with rustolium.The bare steel I used rust converter on.

Comment

I hand scraped a piece of aluminum plate to adapt a small vise from ebay.
      The machine had almost no wear, the motor worked fine. A new belt was installed.

Comment

Fantastic work!! I love to see the time and attention paid to restoration. You should be proud of that one.
        Wayne

Comment

Real nice looking job.
          It's only ink and paper

Comment

That's a nice looking drill press and you did a good job in restoring it. Keep up the good work!
            Don Young

Comment

A very good job on your restoration. It is always nice to old iron restored.
              "OLD IRON" by Rudy Kouhoupt was one of the first articles I read in HSM mag.
              Been looking for a hander operated planner similar to his to restore. Again nice work. Jim

Comment

Restoring OLD IRON

A very good job on your restoration. It is always nice to old iron restored.
                "OLD IRON" by Rudy Kouhoupt was one of the first articles I read in HSM mag.
                Been looking for a hander operated planner similar to his to restore. Again nice work. Jim

Comment

Nice job! BTW what is that dohickey above the motor, some kind of outboard bearing?

Ed P

Comment

Very nice! I am nearly done with a old Barnes drill press myself. I am just trying to get a motor for it.
                    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Ed P
                      Nice job! BTW what is that dohickey above the motor, some kind of outboard bearing?

Ed P
                      It sure looks like it but the centerline of it didn't line up with the centerline of the pulley. I guess it all depends on what motor was used. Maybe it was needed for a plain bushing motor.
                      Thanks for all the pats on the back. When some people (relatives) see me working on something like this they can't understand why I " waste my time".
                      I like old iron.
                      I should be like them and sit on the sofa and watch tv instead-no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X