Tooling SUPER-HYPER-MEGA-GLOAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooling SUPER-HYPER-MEGA-GLOAT

I recently bid on a 'drill cabinet, with contents' at a local bankruptcy auction. The bidding closed at just over a hundred bucks. Throughout the rest of the afternoon I was sickened with buyer's remorse. How could I have spent so much n a stupid box that's probably filled with eight or ten broken off drill shanks and a busted tap or three. The psychological torment prevented me from bidding on hardly anything else. I'm surprised, honestly, that I made it the whole day.

Well, as it turns out, a hundred bucks was well worth it... The case itself is a handsome (if not a little worn) Cleveland item that I assume was part of a package deal from a CTD rep or something many years ago.

But looking inside was when the real fun began...

Mills and a few counterbores etc (most of the cutters still in tubes appear brand new)

Reamers (over two hundred!)

continued...

Taps of all different sizes and threads, many uncommon, like 1/4-24 etc, plus two dozen pulley taps stashed in the back there.

And of course tons of drills...

It wasn't all wine and roses though, I had to sort and organize the drawers, and as if that wasn't chore enough, I also had to sort out the dull bits from the good. (most of the dull were discarded before I took the pics)

Enco may never hear from me again!

Comment

Mega Gloat

Yes! That score entitles you rub your index fingers together and
      speak a long HEE! HEE! HEE! JIm

Comment

Screw Enco I'm calling RobbieKnobbie for my next stock-up.
        This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
        Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
        Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

Nice score!
          John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

All I can say is "Sweet"
            Good for you, you lucky dog.
            Ted

Comment

<gasp> absolutely the best score I've ever seen -

Comment

Oh goodie, now I have someone new to focus my hate on.

<hands on temples>Focus....focus....

Ah crap, it's a no go. Sweet score!
                Dan from Raleigh, NC

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.
                "What is your host's purpose for the party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi." P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

So were you not allowed to look what was in the box before bidding?

Comment

You made one mistake. Never throw out a drill just because it is dull. Send them to me instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Griffing
                      You made one mistake. Never throw out a drill just because it is dull. Send them to me instead.
                      Or me. I love dull drill-bits. I give 'em to the new guy and watch 'em squirm.
                      This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                      Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb

Comment

Congrats Robbie! That's definitely gloat-worthy. Maybe Gloat of the Year award
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Robbie,
                          As they say over at SFT, YOU SUCK !!

Great score.

Randy
                          Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Comment

On a cost per gloat ratio that will be very hard to beat. Hell, that would have been worth a gloat for each drawer.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                              Congrats Robbie! That's definitely gloat-worthy. Maybe Gloat of the Year award
                              Starting January we should make a spreadsheet to keep track of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X