No announcement yet.

Enco lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys. This gives me a good starting point for my negotiations. Gnm109, that's the exact same machine, except the one I'm looking at is a bit cleaner! He's barely used it since he started his third career studies...Jarhead, gunsmith & now minister.

David
    David Kaiser
    “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by 38_Cal
      Thanks, guys. This gives me a good starting point for my negotiations. Gnm109, that's the exact same machine, except the one I'm looking at is a bit cleaner! He's barely used it since he started his third career studies...Jarhead, gunsmith & now minister.

David

That's a great macihine if you can get it. Also, I'm getting the idea that you won't have to move it very far. That's good, They are rather heavy!

Yeah, mine has honest gunk on it. It's been making pieces and parts ever since I got it. It's never faltered. If you look closely, you will notice that it's a little cleaner in the second picture. I cleaned off some of the scum when I added the SINO DRO last week.

The only thing I've changed to the lathe itself was to make some risers out of heavy wall 2" X 3" rectangular tubing to lift the machine up. It was so low, I had trouble cleaning out the chips from underneath the bed. Look at the pictures again and you'll see them. It's much easier to get under there with a brush and scoop now.

Let us know when you get your machine.
      Last edited by gnm109; 12-15-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

It'll be a major move...from his place, it's half a block north, then all of a half mile west on my street! Will be contacting him this evening and opening negotiations. Again, thanks all for your help!

David
        David Kaiser
        “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
        X