How to Post manuals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Post manuals?

I have a PDF of an "Operating Manual and Parts list" that Clausing emailed me for their 6300 series Lathe. How can I post it for others to use.

You have to host it on your server or another site like photobucket (dont know if they allow pdfs) and then post a link here.

rock~
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

You can't do that on this forum or the PM forum. If you have someone that will "host" the file for you, you can provide a link to that file.

When I have Hardinge stuff I want to share, I post it at the Yahoo group for Hardinge lathes. Anyone that joins the group has access to the stored files, pictures, and threads.

I don't know if there is a Clausing lathe group or not. I have had individuals come forward and offer to host files for machinery manuals. Perhaps one of those folks will contact you.

Comment

File hosting services

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...2c33c885e5e233

Anyone got any comments?

Comment

I use google docs ... You can host pdfs, etc

Comment

Joe,

You can upload it to this site:

http://bbssystem.com/viewforum.php?f...5cece39de8feda

Comment

If its a pdf they sold you, its bad form to publish it & undercut them.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Burdick
                Joe,

You can upload it to this site:

http://bbssystem.com/viewforum.php?f...5cece39de8feda
                Thanks, but that site has a buggy registration system. It wont let me sign on, and when i try to re-register even with my 2 different email addresses "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." but there is no way to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Menke
                  If its a pdf they sold you, its bad form to publish it & undercut them.

Greg
                  I would completely agree, but that is not the case. The girl said they could mail me a printed manual for $15, or could email me a copy for free. Naturally i took the email option.

Comment

I took it to Staples today and they printed me out a beautiful 2 sided copy of the manual for $3.20.

Comment

Still plan to post this info?

rock~
                      Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe From NY
                        Thanks, but that site has a buggy registration system. It wont let me sign on, and when i try to re-register even with my 2 different email addresses "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information." but there is no way to do so.
                        If it is under 10Mb, you could post it as an attachment to a message on my site at the Url in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Caudill
                          You can't do that on this forum or the PM forum. If you have someone that will "host" the file for you, you can provide a link to that file.

When I have Hardinge stuff I want to share, I post it at the Yahoo group for Hardinge lathes. Anyone that joins the group has access to the stored files, pictures, and threads.

I don't know if there is a Clausing lathe group or not. I have had individuals come forward and offer to host files for machinery manuals. Perhaps one of those folks will contact you.

Everyone is welcome to use my site (url below in signature) to host these types of files and manuals. I am happy to be able to store this information for those of us who will need it. The only restriction is that I cannot have individual attachments of over 10Mb because my web host won't support that.

All you need to do is to start a message in the appropriate forum and attach the manual to the message in .PDF format. You can also attach photos and graphics in JPEG and other formats.

Comment

Working...
                          X