X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this thread closed ??

"Something interesting about our Sun"
    It was interesting, informative, no bad feeling, no flaming so why - what did I miss

john
    John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

I didn't see anything all that objectionable and usually we have light and kind moderation. Maybe our benefactor doesn't want AGW threads on the board? Could be from previous experience.

Clutch
    Last edited by clutch; 12-19-2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

George dislikes climate change/global warming/anything related threads.

(note: I am not guessing)
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

George is part of the team working on a method to blow up the sun.

See.. the sun is hot... and heat causes global warming... so according to his logic blowing up the sun is the only solution.

Oh and he wants it to be a surprise, that's why he closed the thread.
        This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
        Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
        Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

The sun will turn in to a Red Giant and burn itself out some day that is a known fact.

Comment

Like this:

Comment

Originally posted by gary350
              The sun will turn in to a Red Giant and burn itself out some day that is a known fact.

nope it is speculation, we do not know, (because we cannot observe)nor can we prove by experement... we think it might, or theory suggests......

Comment

What is known is that this post is going to get closed as well

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

It isn't specualtion. We observe other stars that are in the same category as our sun. We can determine their age by the spectral composition of elements which tells us what stage of stellar evolution they are in. The evolution of a star is determined by only one factor; it's mass. All stars follow an evolutionary path according to their mass called the main sequence. Depending on their age and the mass they started with they will eventually depart the main sequence in a predictable manner. For a star the size of our sun that includes a red giant phase during which it will blow off most of it's mass and then shrink to a cool dwarf star.

No need to worry though, it won't happen for at least 10 billion years.

Last edited by Evan; 12-19-2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan

No need to worry though, it won't happen for at least 10 billion years.
                    So you will be on your 12,876,345,834 job by then ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I think the thread was closed because this is no longer the "Home Shop MACHINIST Forum".
                      It has become the "OT, OT, OT, OT" Forum.

Comment

I know for a fact that George doesn't like global warming threads. That is why he closed it.

Comment

So you will be on your 12,876,345,834 job by then ?
                          I don't have a job now. No reason to think I will have one then.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
                            I think the thread was closed because this is no longer the "Home Shop MACHINIST Forum".
                            It has become the "OT, OT, OT, OT" Forum.

The machinists I've worked with have a hard time staying on topic too, so it's not our merry little band!
                            This product has been determined by the state of California to cause permanent irreversible death. This statement may or may not be recognized as valid by all states.
                            Heirs of an old war/that's what we've become Inheriting troubles I'm mentally numb
                            Plastic Operators Dot Com

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about global warming/end of world because of the snout ice effect.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X