Looking for Clausing Clutch Disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Clausing Clutch Disks

I need 2 old style friction disks for a 5900 series lathe. I talked with Clausing and they don't support the old version any more and want over a grand for the
    complete new clutch assembly. Has anybody got 2 usable disks that they would sell me or know where I could get them?

TIA
    Randy
    Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Randy,

McMaster sells the friction material here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#friction-material/=a90k9v

I have an album in the Clausing Yahoo group with pictures showing my rebuild of the clutch/brake assembly, if that helps:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clausi...46437/pic/list
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Thanks Laslo,
      That was a quick response.
      That idea sounds interesting. How would one cut the sheet. These are circular with four exterior tabs.

Randy
      Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Comment

Originally posted by randyjaco
        Thanks Laslo,
        That was a quick response.
        That idea sounds interesting. How would one cut the sheet. These are circular with four exterior tabs.
        Dunno -- I'd have to think about that. More importantly, it's a PITA to tear-down the clutch. If you get really stuck, I can take it apart and trace the friction pads...
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Yeah, Taking it apart is a bitch. My clutch assembly froze up. In the process of dissasembling it, I broke the 2 perfectly good disks Hence the reason for my post.
          This lathe sat up for about 30 years in a neighbor's garage so there was a lot of hidden rust in places I never thought of looking. The working surfaces are in very good shape. So a lathe I thought was going to be an easy flip has now become a major project.

Randy

Comment

Working...
          X