Tapmatic attachment for cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapmatic attachment for cheap!

Tapmatic attachment for sale on Ebay. Cheap!
    I'm not affiliated with the seller. Just thought somebody here could use it.
    Link:
    Tapmatic

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
    Tapmatic attachment for sale on Ebay. Cheap!
    I'm not affiliated with the seller. Just thought somebody here could use it.
    Link:
    Tapmatic
    I'm a bit hesitant to deal with reliabletools:

...............1 month.........6 months.............12 months
    Positive 1070................6373...................13433
    Neutral 12....................65......................126

Negative 18................50......................112

Best,

Nelson

Comment

It is reliable and it has not sold yet. Chances are it won't go or cheap.

I notice the "PASSED" sticker. I assume this is a customs sticker. Are Tapmatic offshored now too?
      Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum
        It is reliable and it has not sold yet. Chances are it won't go or cheap.

I notice the "PASSED" sticker. I assume this is a customs sticker. Are Tapmatic offshored now too?

Ad says ....

Made in U.S.A by Tapmatic.

This is a New Tapmatic Reversible Tapping Attachement.

Does look like the standard cheesy "passed" sticker though ...

Comment

How do you know it's cheap.

Phil

Comment

WOW!
            I just read the negative feedback given to RELIABLE TOOLS.
            Holy Moly!
            Apparently they claim 'free shipping' , then contact the buyer outside of Ebay and demand they pay shipping costs.
            YIKES!!

Comment

Originally posted by philbur
              How do you know it's cheap.

Phil
              exactly, why is this different than any other auction with a low starting bid?

These "hey everybody look what i found" posts" are offside imo .....unless its something so esoteric its our civic duty to find a buyer else it goes to china for melting. I suppose the posts are mostly done in the spirit of helping others, but being the busybody has a good chance of hurting others. Those that are really interested in something are all ready looking and deserve the bargains, there's many more who don't care enough to search the bargains out but are willing to swoop in and wreck the bargain after its broadcast...at the expense of guys who's onto it before the broadcast....affecting his deal.

Comment

I remember some threads saying Reliable Tools is not reliable at all and in fact should be named Unreliable.
                It's only ink and paper

Comment

I "won" an auction from them a number of years ago...what a disaster! Good thing it wasn't for a huge amount of money, but it was something I needed. Had to talk to their "Internet Guy" (I think hi name was Richard, but I am not sure), he was out of the office. This was back before the days of Paypal and it still took a while to receive any satisfaction at all. Never again.

Comment

As an aside, Meg Whitman's campaign used the owners of Reliable Tools in ads for her (unsuccessful) run for governor her in California. The basic notion was that Meg was the key to creating great small businesses like Reliable Tools.

In my own experience, Reliable started as a good source but quickly became an anything-for-a-buck business, including lying about the condition of the last item I bought from them and ignoring communications to make it right. Last item? A sine plate described as like new that had heavy rust and pitting on the bottom and rolls -- no pictures of that. As noted earlier, shipping has also become a profit center for them.

Comment

Tapmatic

OK - that's the vendor sorted out.

Now back to the "Tapmatic Reversible Tapping Attachment".

I'm sure that some would like to know just how good or otherwise they are, what machines (mill, drill - MT taper) they can be used on, head-room required and whether the usual straight-fluted taps will do or whether spiral or "speed" taps are required. How long they take to set up, how accurately they need to be set up over the hole to be tapped and all the usual "pros" and "cons". Does it have or does it need an adjustable slipping clutch etc. What speeds and lubricants etc. etc.

I have two but they are good but don't get a lot of use as I tend to tap "off-machine" as I don't do a lot of "batch" or "repetition" work.

I have a Sieg Super X3 mill which has a "tapping" feature that is set on the LCD screen and is used with the tapping plunger (reversing) switches at the outer ends of the "drill" handles. It does not have a slipping clutch and is subject to the full torque of the DC motor.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                        I'm sure that some would like to know just how good or otherwise they are, what machines (mill, drill - MT taper) they can be used on, head-room required and whether the usual straight-fluted taps will do or whether spiral or "speed" taps are required. How long they take to set up, how accurately they need to be set up over the hole to be tapped and all the usual "pros" and "cons". Does it have or does it need an adjustable slipping clutch etc. What speeds and lubricants etc. etc.
                        Yes, I would like to know the answer to these questions.

Nelson

Comment

Reliable Tools

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
                          WOW!
                          I just read the negative feedback given to RELIABLE TOOLS.
                          Holy Moly!
                          Apparently they claim 'free shipping' , then contact the buyer outside of Ebay and demand they pay shipping costs.
                          YIKES!!
                          I recently purchased 50 expanding collets and 40 od DA collets as well as MT drills , these purchases did eventually arrive , someone had forgot to ship them after packing ,(Friday afternoon syndrome), the lady who emailed me was extremely helpful and said that I should contact her if I experienced any problems with future purchases .

They seem to be like many suppliers who I have dealt with recently ,it depends on who you get in the shipping area , some care and others just dont give a **it .

Michael

Comment

I have a Tapmatic and use it on my small Grizzly column mill. I've tapped from 6-32 to 1/4-20 with great success. I use a spot of bee's wax on the tap before tapping. I generally tap to 75% with plunge depths rarely exceeding 1/4". Materials have included aluminum, brass, 1018, and 12L14. Haven't broken a tap in years but the good news is I lose them as fast as if I did so they are usually sharp when I need them

Comment

I have noticed over the years that many have expectations of others far higher then they give or do of them selves, many of those expectations are unreasonable.

98+ positive experiences with Reliable seems pretty good in my book when you look at there sales numbers. When you are the one that gets caught it seems far worse of course.

How many of us can say that we are reliable 98+ percent of the time when getting paid at work.
                              Now me, my boss says that I am 100%+ reliable, dedicated efficient and honest, if you don't believe me just ask me.
                              Been self employed for almost 45 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X