5 Cyl. Radial Engine Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Cyl. Radial Engine Video

George Bulliss and crew were kind enough to post plans of the radial engine I designed in the January 2011 issue of The Home Shop Machinist. If any of you are interested in it, here is a link to the video on Youtube.---Brian Rupnow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuB7Y...mment_received
    Brian Rupnow

Nice,
    First thing I thought of was a Turkish belly dancer.

Slight pause for some asinine Tiffiepedia remark.

Don't know why it was just the first thing that came into my head.

You are to be commended on the time and work you have put into this to show the end result for other to share - thanks.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Very nice engine Brian,haven't bought that issue of HSM yet,is it a single copy article,or broken up over several issues?
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

It would be even neeter in slow motion.
        ...lew...

Comment

nice

Comment

Brings to mind a scene in the '50s movie Operation Petticoat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Petticoat
            where a broken spring or linkage on the submarine engine or pump was replaced with a woman's elastic girdle, rigged such that it inadvertently provided a humerous and suggestive movement.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
              Very nice engine Brian,haven't bought that issue of HSM yet,is it a single copy article,or broken up over several issues?
              Its spread over more than one issue, but I' not sure how many.---Brian
              Brian Rupnow

Comment

Great job and it runs real nice.

Is it based off of the "hula hula" design?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_H
                  Great job and it runs real nice.

Is it based off of the "hula hula" design?

Steve
                  Not really. The hula-hula design that I seen a video of had stacked connecting rods and offset cylinders. I wanted to design one closer to a true radial engine where all of the cylinders are in line and all the con rods go to a common journal and are all in line instead of being stacked.
                  Brian Rupnow

Comment

Brian, you continue to amaze me with your designs and workmanship! Keep up the good work!!

Al

Comment

I am seeing it right that the cylinders wiggle?

Comment

Brian,
                        Nice job. Looking forward to getting the magazine.
                        Dave

Comment

Not really. The hula-hula design that I seen a video of had stacked connecting rods and offset cylinders. I wanted to design one closer to a true radial engine where all of the cylinders are in line and all the con rods go to a common journal and are all in line instead of being stacked.
                          C'mon Brian, your original "Design" was going to have stacked con rods, you were advised to research "Master conrod"

Regards Ian.
                          You might not like what I say,but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by noah katz
                            I am seeing it right that the cylinders wiggle?
                            Yes you are Noah. That type of cylinder arrangement is called a "wobbler". There are many great examples of single and twin cylinder wobbler type angines.
                            Brian Rupnow

Comment

Originally posted by Circlip
                              C'mon Brian, your original "Design" was going to have stacked con rods, you were advised to research "Master conrod"

Regards Ian.
                              Yes Ian, and when I did, I wanted to design one with a " master conrod" on it. Not all design in this world springs from an original thought that has never been thought of beforre by someone else. Design is a process of evolution. The few people in this world who had a conpletely original thought are now all living on tropical islands with hot and cold running maids.
                              Last edited by brian Rupnow; 01-02-2011, 08:11 AM.
                              Brian Rupnow

Comment

Working...
                              X