Machinist's Puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinist's Puzzles

I may be suffering from CRS, but I seem to remember a post regarding a couple of quick and easy macninist's puzzles. One had to do with a bolt and a nut. I've done a search and ca't seem to find any such thing. does anyone have any ideas or can anyone point me in the right direction.

And, lest I forget, I want to wish each of you a Very Merry Christmas and my hopes for a Prosperous New Year for you all.

Thrud, we're having meatloaf for Christmas dinner.

------------------
    John B
    John B

He he, try these...

http://www.stirlingsouth.com/richard/math.htm
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Some of them are shown in Joe Martin's Sherline book on tabletop machining. One of those looks like a nut is welded onto a bolt yet you can separate the two.

Here's a link to another:

http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/new...neaky%20Puzzle

Den

Comment

Thanks Guys! That was it!

------------------
        John B
        John B

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jr45acp:
          I may be suffering from CRS,</font>

Whats wrong with suffering with Cold Rolled Steel, you can make some wonderfull things out of this

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Meatloaf? Hummmm! Might not be bad---if you mix a jar of Picante sauce in with the other ingredients.

Comment

Actually, we do Al!!! Yum, Yum!

------------------
              John B
              John B

Comment

John

You should get down on your hands and knees and THANK GOD ALMIGHTY that my sister ain't cookin' fer ya. Or you might be wanting santa to bring new chompers for you and your kin, and maybe a stomach pump.

I happen to have a 3 speed stomach pump (variable displacement) if anyone does happen to catch a wiff of my sister's cooking this holiday season. You will know right away by the sudden and uncontrollable purging at both ends of your digestive tract...but I digress.

Try these Burr puzzles for extra brain damage: http://www.research.ibm.com/BurrPuzzles/

make them in wood or metal, they would still be nifty!

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 12-22-2003).]

Comment

Guys if you are interested in Burr puzzles try this web site after you visit the IBM site that thrud recommended.
                  www.johnrausch.com/PuzzleWorld Also get the CD "The Puzzling World of Polyhedral Dissections." It will keep you busy for a few hours. The puzzles can be machined in Al or brass or even wood.
                  John Burchett
                  John Burchett
                  in Byng OK

Comment

Working...
                  X