Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Santa bringing you boys this time round

I can keep a secret, tell all.
    Whats old white beard brining you loverly lads this year.and no large spotted necktie stories Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

I don't know for sure. I asked for some books from Village Press, gave wifey several to choose from.
    A package arived the other day, looks like three or four.
    I think I had better take the dust pan & brush I bought her back and get it monogrammed. Posh it up a bit as a treat you know?
    I hope everyone gets what he or she wants, and certainly not what they deserve.
    Happy Holidays.
    Jim H.

Comment

The owner of the business that my wife manages just e-mailed me from Thailand and gave me a great bloody big gearhead drill press with a 1.5hp 3 phase motor and a six speed transmission. Thing is like something from WWII, Swedish made, high quality, cost $1000 used in 1960's. Probably weighs 600lbs. Gonna need some help to move this one. He also gave me a quantity of MT3 drills and a couple of chucks. I have a feeling it would make a decent vertical mill.

Now I need a phase converter or a VFD. Don't know if that motor should be run on a VFD, probably not. Pictures next week.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan, would that be a Solberga?

I hope to get a digital camera, then I could post some pics of my shop.

Dan

Comment

That name sounds about right. I didn't write it down last I looked.

Comment

Sounds like the drill version of the Arboga mill.
            http://www.lathes.co.uk/arboga/index.html
            Very nice but usually have inbuilt 2 speed motors.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

So far..

A Roadking Police saddle for the harley, a spring loaded (proper) seatpost for my frame, and a T-bar for the seat, A S&S Super B carb, manifold and air cleaner. I sure wanted the air-ride off'n that police bike...

Puppy got a new trainer collar (shockin) and some new toys.

Carrol (girlfriend) got a new vacuum cleaner to clean up after the above...

David.... Skoal.. "shot of turkey"

Comment

I had someone go back and have a look at the nameplate. It's a Strands model S53.

Comment

I got a South Bend lathe

Comment

Holes Contours and Surfaces,
                    Richard Moore and Frederick Victory...

Precision Hole Location,
                    Moore, J. Robert (Ill. William Vandivert& F. R. Gruger, Jr.)...

Pipe and Tube Bending,
                    Paul Schubert...

Still saving up for Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy...Maybe for my birthday?I called Moore Tool to try and get a quantity discount and maybe organize a group buy. I spoke to a Cathy Dennis (IIRC) but she was pretty adamant about no discounts. Maybe I'll run across a reasonable used copy. Anyway, I've got enough theory to hold me over for a while, just got to get to the shop and put some to practice.

Comment

I got a little Miller econtig welder. Don't have a clue other than what I have read as to how and operate it. I have a wire and stick, but this is new to me.

Comment

you'll love TIG Ted.....next to trusty ol' O/A its the greatest !!!

Comment

I got me a "Jimmy" hat to pick up al the wee Scotish lassie wi - from me Scotish Santa, eh Alistair!

And I do look "Smashing" if I say so meself...the loverly orange hair really brings out me bloodshot eyes!

Comment

Me not a damn thing!Got sick awhile back and the bills caught up with my paycheck

Got to sell so aluminum scrap tommorow so I can buy a spool of#6 wire,luckily thats my only hold up from getting other things done.
                            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

A Bridgeport and a sub panel and a bunch of electrical for my shop.

My own Bridgeport. I still can't believe it. It needs a little TLC, but it will be here Tuesday. I've wanted a real shop of my own since I was in metal shop in high school and it's finally happening.

I'm also getting to go into the new year with my parents alive, my wife in good health and my boy recently assigned to a SEAL team in Hawaii (as an armourer, not a SEAL) so life is good all around.

John

------------------
                              Pursue Excellence and the rest will follow.
                              Pursue Excellence and the rest will follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X