• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to my Christmas gift.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

At least it wasn't a screw-ball.

Comment

Wonder what my wife will say when I hand over some silver earrings that could be mathematically defined as involute spur, 50 DP x 5 teeth, with countersunk gemstone hub.

Not kidding- they look very nice, really!

Comment

pgmrdan,

I take it they're not tool people, but hey, it could of been worse, they could of given you an ugly tie. I would just put the gadget in the trunk of the car and who knows, you may be out on the road sometime and someone may need to borrow it, and if they don't return it, you haven't lost a good tool.

Bernard

Comment

Comment

That is almost as rude as giving someone money because you are too damn lazy to think of something to make or get them.

It shows a complete lack of respect for the person receiving it. No thought whatsoever. I would give it back - an equally rude statement...

Comment

The cheesy meter is doing a full cheddar tilt on that one!

Did they even bother to buy the batteries?

[This message has been edited by 3jaw (edited 12-24-2003).]
              "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

Comment

Comment

dan,

i'm sitting here holding my sleeping three-week-old son, and you're making me laugh so hard i'm going to wake him up.
                  STOP IT!!!!
                  :-)

andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Comment

I dont know thrud, I love getting money as a gift. I hate gift cards though, they never made sense to me. Instead of giving me 20$, why did they give me a 20$ gift card that I have to use at Best Buy? Damn, atleast with a 20$ bill, I can use it at enco or anywhere else! Best buy dont sell lathe tooling!

Comment

Show me the money!!!!I hate clothes,somehow I always get screwed and whind up with a pair of socks that don't fit or a sweater that will hang like a work of art in closet for decades,and WTF does anybody this far south need with a three inch thick sweater anyway?

I have to admit it does look like something a Harvard law grad would call a tool,but you could always trade it for a sweater
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

pgmrdan, you're right, they don't like you very much. What did you do to them?
                          Michael

Comment

pgmrdan,

This has been great. You may have received the gift, but the laughs have made my Christmas.

Bernard

Comment

Bill

I gave my best bud cash this year as he has been whining about how slow his video card is (no, it isn't). I built a computer for my oldest nephew and bought gifts for the rest fo the family. Our cats are getting tuna for Christmas Breakfast & Dinner (man, they love the tuna!), and most importantly I get dark turkey meat, smashed tators & gravey...mmmmmm! gravey!

Comment

Working...
                              X