Anyone Attending Pioneer Park Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Attending Pioneer Park Days?

Just wanted to see if anyone here on the forum will be going to Pioneer Park Days in Zolfo Springs, Fl this year.

I'll be exhibiting there on Friday, Saturday, & part of Sunday ( March 5-7). If any of you all would like to meet up I'm set up at the east end of exhibitor row #4, near the park's office.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C.

Hal,
    I'll be at the other end of the grounds, I think it's EX21. Silver Dodge truck, Silver Avion trailer, model engines on the tables.

Will look you up. Again, I think we met up last year, didn't we?

Comment

Yes we did. I do remember taking the long hike back there.

If you get chance come up and take a gander at my display this year. I've got a nice 3 HP Cook Motor Company hit & miss engine, and about 75 - 100 kerosene lanterns. Best to see the lanterns after dark as I attempt to have all of them lit. It usually runs about 10 - 15°F warmer around my site.

Hal C.

Comment

Hal,
        Good to see you again! We walked up to your end of the grounds Saturday evening about 8:00 to view your lantern display. Quite impressive!

We left Sunday morning, taking a bit of extra time to stop at the Don Garlitz Museum of Drag Racing (http://www.garlits.com/index.html). Been driving past it every trip to Florida, but finally got to visit it. Awesome collection of dragsters, and a pretty nice collection of antique cars, too.

Presently at a campground in northern Florida, where it's only 35 degrees out. Am not looking forward to returning to Michigan!

Comment

I had a good time there Saturday just sitting there BS'ing about this and that. You've got some really nice model flywheel engines.

I believe that was you I passed while going northbound on I-75 this morning. We would have stopped but wanted to get through Atlanta before rush hour. That town is a real PIA to drive through.

Hope you all have a safe trip home and we'll probably see you next year.

Hal C.

Comment

Hal,
            Actually, I remember seeing you pass us, but didn't realize it was you at the time. My wife & I both remarked on the rig with the engine on the trailer. :-)

You gonna post some of those pics you took?

Comment

Here's the photos.

Hal C.

Comment

Working...
              X