Thanks for the Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Help

I had a ton of emails from people taking the time to alert me that my old friend Nelson was back. Since I had more emails than I have time to reply to, I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation here.

I’m sure Nelson considered this strike a success; I noted that his site’s “most users” number peaked shortly after his thread here as the curious followed the link to his site. So, this won’t be the last of him. All I ask is that you try not to get drawn into his rants and attacks. I know it is hard to keep quiet when he is attacking board members, but he is here to make as much noise and trouble as he can and arguing only helps his cause. He’s a pretty unique guy, that’s for sure.

George
    George

If he posts again we should simply ignore him that would hurt him more than anything we can say.Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

What's his handle? Is it "Nelson"?
      "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Ha. Reminds me of the quip about the masochist who says, "Please hit me" and the sadist, after a moment's thought, says, "No".

I normally try to avoid stepping in "stuff" but it is sometimes hard not to get drawn in on something that so richly deserves a smart retort.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

He uses whatever name he can to get on the board. He was on last week under two different names and used a third yesterday. Since those names are locked out, it will be something new the next time you see him.

I agree with Alistair, just ignore him. That’s what we used to do when my daughter had fits and she seems to be turning out okay!

George
          George

Comment

Silly boy doesn't realise it flags his unique IP address every time - dead give away

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by George Bulliss
              ...I agree with Alistair, just ignore him. That’s what we used to do when my daughter had fits and she seems to be turning out okay!
              Are we to take from this that at some point Nelson will turn out okay?

Comment

I think he just shot off all ten toes, potential paying advertisers for his forum might be lurking....
                Last edited by squirrel; 02-07-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Perhaps one day he will learn to benefit from positive attention rather than negative attention. Probably asking way too much there.

Comment

If he's using a static IP address then it would be funny if the BBS software had an account setting (for all accounts present and future from same IP address) that makes all posts invisible to others.

-Matt

Comment

dodgy member ?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/member.php?u=165420

all the best.markj

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon

Possibly for the guy(s) in the videos!

David

Sorry, guys, I have very little self control when someone pitches it soft & easy like that! Just gotta swing at it!
                        David Kaiser
                        “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
                        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

It says a lot when someone gets kicked off of both here and pm.
                          "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by justanengineer
                            It says a lot when someone gets kicked off of both here and pm.
                            He also got the boot from Chaski, and a Yahoo South Bend forum also.

Phil.

Comment

So the leprosy pills aren't working ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X