OT Windows 7 Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Windows 7 Photo Gallery

Wondering if anyone has used the Photo Gallery program that is a free download from MS? Had to get a new PC and it came with Windows 7. We lost the old program we used, so we're looking for something to do basic crop/resize stuff.

If its the one I got with my new laptop, its terrible.
    It takes 5 seconds to see a photo. that makes looking at a series of pictures a pain in the butt. Takes forever.
    Rich

Comment

IR Fanview is a very nice viewer and it does everything you want including a very nice batch utility. All of it is free

Comment

+1 on IrfanView.

Get it here.
        Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager, it comes with Windows.

Comment

The windows one sucs, for 7 matter a fact downing loading from a camera sucs with win7 I have the pro ed and it is no better. I move the photo's from the media chip/stick as a drive to a folder. then to the photo program. Try fast stone photo resizer or the Fast stone photo veiwer. The free versions work well. I finally got my old version of Jasc photo shop photo album working.
            fast stone image viewer

Picked up one of those "all in 1" mini card readers that plugs in to the usb. It lets you bypass all those auto window run BS you can't seem to shut off!

Both worked well
            Last edited by PTSideshow; 02-16-2011, 05:12 PM.
            Glen
            Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
            I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
            All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Both my wife and I downloaded the "fast tone image viewer" and think it has everything we need, and it's easy to use.

This site is great!

Comment

Working...
              X