X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, you train guys wanna cry?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

see the other pics. also

Other photos?Only saw the one,did remember seeing sonething that some train wrecks were staged for shows,they would put two loco's on a track fire the boilers set the trottles and release the brakes about two miles from each other,the resulting "wreck" was quite dramatic to say the least,but still sad for those of us who love steam.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I recall reading that these staged wrecks sometimes resulted in the death(s) of spectators when the boilers exploded after being damaged in the collision.

The wreck in the photo looks more like a real accident. The staged wrecks would probably be much more destructive to get a good paying audience.

Roger
      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Back then, steam locomotives were a dime a dozen.
        If only those people had any idea how much those locomotives would be treasured today.
        I wonder what things we take for granted today only to end up being sacred items in the future. Good old american made machine tools is one thing, not quite there yet though.

Comment

Yeah I feel the same way seeing the old cars wrecked in the tele shows.

Comment

same guy has a few photos of same wreck for sale check his other auctions. this one was not staged though.

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

Comment

I believe that they're actually mating.

Where did you think little trains come from?

Comment

I THOUGHT skilled HSM s built them.

Comment

Working...
                  X