OT: Mad cow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Mad cow

I know this is off topic but I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. I work in a small grocery store in Alberta. As you can imagine the whole mad cow thing has us worried as far as sales and such goes.
    Well yesterday we got a fax warning us about a scam going around. It seems that at a competitors store in Calgary a couple of men came in with an official looking letter stating that they were from the government and because of the mad cow scare they were there to confiscate all of their beef. Here's the kicker. The store manager let them have all of it!!!! ALL OF IT!!!! As a night manager I can just not imagine saying, "Oh all the meat you say. Well sure here you go!"
    Anyway, just thought you guys would get a laugh out of it.
    Take care
    Sarah

Sarah... good idea to post this info. With the business that we operate we end up dealing with a lot of inspectors etc. We always ask to see their credentials and I usually phone the proper authorities to see if they are for real. We got lucky a few years ago when a fellow came in and said that the city had just signed a contract with him to be the fire inspector. We would have to pay $30 for this. I watch the city council meetings on tv all the time and knew this would have been approved by council but hadn't seen it. I picked up the phone and phoned "the city" (actually the RCMP). The guy had to go out to his car to get a different form... and you guessed it he drove off. They never did catch him. Now I don't trust anyone.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

While we're on the subject: as of Jan 1 all you guys are subject to the new Internet User Fee (IUF). Annual fee is $10. I have the contract to collect it. Send it via PayPal to my email address. Better yet sent me $100 for a life-time deferral from the IUF.

Trust me. I'll make sure the money gets to the right places.

Lessee, I wonder what they got on sale at Harbor Frieght.

Comment

The check is in the mail.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Forrest... I'm not sure I can afford the $10 so soon after Xmas so I was wondering if you'd take meatloaf instead? I think I know were I can get some!
          I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Anyone want to buy a bridge over the East river?

Once you have the deed you can set up your own toll booths. You'll make your money back in no time.

Not from tolls,
            from the book and movie rights after sentencing.

Comment

Forrest...I'll give you the $100, catch is you have to come here to collect it in person. heh, heh, heh.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forrest Addy:
                While we're on the subject: as of Jan 1 all you guys are subject to the new Internet User Fee (IUF). Annual fee is $10. I have the contract to collect it. Send it via PayPal to my email address. Better yet sent me $100 for a life-time deferral from the IUF.</font>
                You take Euro's ??

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

How about loonies, or twoonies?
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Forrest;
                    Hold your breath while I put the check in the mail.
                    Charlie
                    Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                    http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Forrest,
                      I am happy to pay your $10. However, I will be sending a third party cashiers check for $1000, please send me the difference of $990 and keep the $10 for the fee. Since it's a cashiers chack you can of course send me the $990 ijmmediately with confidence.....................
                      Ken

Comment

Forrest, if you would write a couple or three books based on your machinist knowledge, sort of like Lautards books, I would gladly send you 200 $.

Comment

Working...
                        X