No announcement yet.

New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit a bunch of times. Once lasted over nine years. When I started again it was because of stress. My trick to stop is to: 1 -- put off the first cig of the day a little later each day, 2 -- make areas off limits to smoking i.e. not in the house, not in the car etc etc. 3 -- listen to yourself, if you are telling yourself you want to quit that is an opportunity to quit even if for a few hours. Eventually you will get sick of the games and really stop.

Good luck, it is worth it. I buy a gun a year with the proceeds of not smoking.

I worked with a warrant officer who quit cold turkey by imagining he was a POW each time he wanted a smoke. A brutal way to quit but it worked for him.
    Craig

Comment

When I was in Basic Training we were allowed three cigs a day, on your person, during work hours. One after breakfast, lunch and dinner. One day a poor sorry dude was caught with a whole pack in his pocket. The DI made him eat them. Ralph, barf, puke, retch, heave and so on. No one cheated after that.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
      X